Modern

Monday, March 24, 2014

Impromtu Update Post







I had planned to post a recap of our weekend today - complete with lots of cute pictures of my family and my friend's cute little 8-month old that we babysat overnight on Saturday.

But...apparently my phone and my computer had a fight.

My pictures won't upload from my phone and my computer photo program is giving me some sort of error message. And after trying to re-start it, fix it and curse at the screen, nothing seems to be working, so instead, I'm going to "walk away" from the photos and post about something else.

Let's see...

Maybe an update post will work instead.

I've been keeping up with the Lenten gratefulness experiment. Remember this post where I talked about how instead of giving something up for Lent, I was going to write down something I'm grateful for each day?

It's been a very enlightening experience. Some days, my thoughts are deep and focus around my children's health and my marriage and the "big" things that mean so much to me in my life.

Other days I write things like, "I'm so grateful for a clean kitchen table with nothing but a beautiful bouquet of flowers on it." Deep, I know.

But reading back through the list makes me very, very happy and grateful.

It makes me realize that life is comprised of some really amazing things - like "Christian girlfriends who support me and love me even when I don't feel like I deserve it" - and awesome, insignificant things like, "this amazing bottle of red wine tonight and how good it tasted with our greasy NY-style pizza."

It doesn't always have to be something monumental to make me smile. But reading through my list of things thus far definitely puts things into perspective when I'm having a rough day.

I'm glad that I have a daily reminder of this precious Lenten season.

And I'm eternally grateful for what Easter is, and how my heart is preparing for the most important Christian holiday of the year.

Okay, that's all I got for today.

Hopefully my computer and my phone will kiss and make up and I can post some pictures later this week. Until then, have a great week everyone!

No comments: