Modern

Thursday, March 20, 2014

5 Prayers for Boys

Happy Friday everyone! Who's excited that it's the weekend? Me! Me! (Hand raised high with enthusiasm)

The weekend means a lot of things around here.

Most importantly, it means that Brian (a.k.a. Dadddy) is home a lot more. (Yay!!)

It also means, no rushing around to get out the door for school in the morning.

No strict bedtimes.

And usually lots of time with friends and family, which is always fun.

To welcome in the weekend, I wanted to share one of my favorite online devotional web sites.

I've found that even when I'm not being consistent with my early morning quiet time with God, I can still always manage to read my devotionals when they appear in my inbox.

I've subscribed to many different ones in the past, but Proverbs 31 seems to be just the right fit for me..

It's brief. They vary the authors. It's always timely and focused on women/marriage/motherhood topics. And more times than not, it makes me stop and think, "That's so true. And that's so good."

This week, they posted this devotional titled "5 Scriptural Prayers for Your Son" by Brooke McGlothlin. I thought it was so good, I wanted to share it here too.

But I also created a "chalkboard" looking file with the scriptures mentioned in the devotional. If you'd like to download this .jpg file for your own personal use, please click here. You may have to play around a bit on your own computer to figure out what size you want to print. I printed mine out on a regular 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper and it worked great.

And if you have little girls in your house, do not despair! The ladies at Proverbs 31 posted 5 Prayers for Girls the following day. You can view that post here.

I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend! I'll be back next week with a great hard-boiled egg recipe and some other fun ideas.




No comments: