Modern

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Consignment Shops

Let me start off by saying that I am in a much happier place tonight.
Payton seemed to "come back to life" today after his fever broke last night and he was able to start eating and drinking again.
What a difference a day can make.

Okay... on to tonight's topic: Consignment Shops.
I love them.
Seriously. I do.
It seems like there are two sectors of people when it come to consignment stores. One group thinks, "Ewwww!!! Used stuff. Other people's garbage. Dirty."

The other group of people thinks,"Wow! I can get the same wagon here for a third of the price and it only has a few scratches on it!" 
I am a member of the second group.

I went to a local children's consignment shop this week (Baby Bottom's Consignment on Gunn Hwy. for those of you who live in Tampa)
And I got:
  •  A car-looking wagon that converts from push to pull with a quick handle change, plus has a removable floor board that changes to pedals when Parker is a bit older. (Plus it has a steering wheel, doors that open and side view adjustable mirrors...which he loves).
  • A Little Tykes lawn mower that makes all sorts of loud popping sounds when you push it.

  • A new toy grill! YEAH! I found one to replace the one that Parker broke a few months ago. And this one is the new-improved version that talks more and says funnier things (Example, it says: "Do we have enough gas for this grill? FART! Oops! Excuse me!").

  • A brand new sippy cup & divided Elmo plate that was still in the packaging.
All for the grand total of...
Wait for it, wait for it...
$40!!!

Seriously, the wagon alone retails for almost $70 new. CRAZY deals!
Here are some pics of my great finds:

Parker checking under the hood of his new car wagon...
 Yum! Found some raisins!
(Notice the white scribbles on the handle? Parker did that with a piece of chalk about 10 minutes after we brought it home... seriously, what is the point of buying things new???)
 Here's the new grill:
And here is the mower:
And yes, I did clean them thoroughly when I got them home. 
Although I'm not sure why, as Parker has already made them much dirtier than they were when I purchased them. Gotta love boys! :)


No comments: