Modern

Monday, January 31, 2011

Miniature Golf Birthday Fun

Since I don't exactly have the energy to be throwing a big birthday party this year, we're doing several mini birthday celebrations for Payton instead. 

On Saturday, we took Payton and his two buddies, Grayson & Caleb, out for a "guys golf day" (or at least that's what Brian kept calling it). The boys had so much fun playing miniature golf at Celebration Station. 

After golf, they played a few arcade games inside and then had pizza and cake. And speaking of cake... I have to give a "shout out" to my girls at the Publix bakery! I went in and talked to them a couple weeks ago about creating a Mario Brothers cake. Since Publix is not licensed to sell the Mario Bros. logo, they could not put an actual Mario picture on the cake. But the nice lady suggested that I find another cake online that I liked, print out the picture, and then use my own plastic Mario Brothers figurines to finish off the cake at home. It was such a great idea! Here is the picture of the cake that I submitted to her (keep in mind, this cake is decorated in fondant, which is much easier to make tiny shapes than butter cream frosting):
 And this is what Publix created for me (Payton added the Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Bomb figurines):
Pretty amazing, eh? I had to stop by the bakery this morning and tell the ladies just how happy the made this little boy when he saw it. Not to mention it tasted amazing. Gotta love Publix!
Here is a little slide show of all the fun we had that day. I can't believe my little boy is turning 6 this Friday. Oh boy... I feel the tears coming on. I better go get some Kleenex...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! so i was researching mario cakes and i found the fondant one that you have on your page labeled as "miniature golf birthday fun"... and as i am taking a closer look... its a cake a did a couple of years ago! i am wondering where you found it! kinda cool! let me know! :)