Modern

Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekending

It was a pretty normal weekend around here. Once Payton recovered from his virus, he was back to his usual rambunctious self and was able to go back to school on Friday.
So, with only one child to watch - and being very sick of being in the house - Parker and I headed up to the mall for a little fun.
First, we rode the carrousel. (It was Parker's first time and he wasn't too sure about it, but when it ended he signed "more, more!" so I think he enjoyed it).
(Sorry, this is a terrible picture I tried to take myself):
Then we had a lunch date at Chick-fil-A:
It was a fun little outing.

Friday evening, the boys went to bed early and Brian and I ordered a pizza and caught up on our DVR. There is this awesome pizza shop by our house that makes the freshest pizza on multi-grain crust with organic toppings. It almost makes you feel like you're eating a "healthy pizza" (now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one). It was a nice way to end a few days of frantic worrying and staying up all night caring for a sick child.

On Saturday morning, it was time for Payton's baseball game. Parker and I stayed home so he could nap, but we made it there just in time for Payton's last "at bat" and he got a great hit! We're so proud of how well he has played this season. I can hardly believe his last game is this weekend!
After his game, we stuck around the ball field and had lunch at the snack bar. It was actually quite good, I must say. Dad - you would approve of the fries! :)


After the game, we split up the kids and I took Payton to the library and Brian took Parker to the little sprayground area by our house. It was his first time there, and by the looks of it, he LOVED every second! 

* Sidenote* 
I really enjoy when we get to split up the kids and I have some good one-on-one time with Payton. It seems like most of my time with him these days is doing homework and putting him to bed. It's nice to have fun outings together once in a while just the two of us.

After all those adventures, Parker was ready for another nap, so I took advantage of some downtime and ran out for a pedicure. Just me, my Kindle, and the nice woman who gave me an incredible leg and foot rub for an hour. It was a little piece of heaven!

While I was gone, this is some of what the boys did...

"I see you big brother! Do you see me?"
 "What about now? Do you see me now?"
 "How about now? Does this make you notice me?"
(Sorry for the underwear shots, apparently everyone was relaxing that afternoon).
I'm sure they also played games, read books, and spent quality time together, but these pictures were just too funny not to share.

Saturday night, Payton best friend, Max, had a pool and sleepover party at his house. Payton could not have been more excited!
Max's mom sent me this picture of the boys in a tent that evening:
 Needless to say, but Sunday, we all needed a good nap. So we laid low after church and had a quiet day around the house. That evening, we went to our friend's house to celebrate their daughter's 1st communion. We had a wonderful time as usual!

Hope you had a great weekend as well!

No comments: