Modern

Thursday, March 27, 2014

PERFECT Hard Boiled Eggs

Like a lot of us out there, I jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon when it first came out.

I created a ton of "boards" and "pinned" things that I thought were pretty, yummy-looking, organized, inspiring, crafty, and pretty much a ton of crap that I'll never actually do.

But it was fun to look.

Well, my days of drooling over pages and pages of Pinterest ideas stopped a while ago. Now I only go on there if I have a very specific idea that I am researching.

For example, I had heard that there was a great recipe for the perfect hard-boiled egg floating around on Pinterest. However, the egg is not boiled at all. It's baked.

Too good to be true, I thought.

So, I had to try it.

Turns out, this Pinterest idea really does work (unlike most of the baking recipes on there). Halleluiah!

Here's a link to the web site where you can find the recipe, courtesy of the Family Fresh Meals blog. Because as much as I'd love to claim this idea as my own, I really do like to credit other bloggers who create and share their wonderful ideas.

So, even though I'm not a huge fan of hard boiled eggs, all my boys love them, and it's one of the few healthy snacks that Payton will eat. I've made two batches of these beauties in the past two weeks. And it's so easy. So healthy. SO much cheaper than buying the pre-made hard boiled eggs at Publix (yes, I've bought them for years... lazy, I know!).

I hope this recipe comes in handy during your upcoming Easter celebrations, Spring brunches, or just for a quick and handy snack to have on hand in the fridge. Enjoy!

No comments: