Modern

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Feelings

It's officially fall, but it's still in the 90's here, so it's hard to really get in the "fall mood" just yet. But we did have one beautiful kinda chilly morning last week and you better believe I had the front door and the french doors wide open with a crisp breeze flowing through the house.
But that afternoon, I was back to wearing a tank top and flip flops...
That's Florida for ya!

I even tried my hand at roasting an acorn squash for the first time to stir up some fall smells. It was SO good, and super easy.
All you do is cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, rub the entire inside (generously) with salted butter, and add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar. Roast at 400 degrees until fork tender. It screams "fall!"

And since I was roasting veggies, I threw in a couple diced up sweet potatoes and a bag of carrots. The kids loved it all.

I guess one of the perks of this not-so-fall weather is that we still get to go swimming and boating without freezing our tushies off.

We went sailing with some friends last weekend and took the kids with us this time. They had the BEST time and keep asking, "When are we going sailing again?!?" Super big "thank you" to our dear friends Tom and Bahama for the amazing boat ride and delicious dinner on board.

On a totally unrelated note, I just ordered a rug for our bedroom, and I'm so excited for it to arrive!
My e-designer that I've been working with has been fabulous! Since she lives here in Tampa, she sends me texts when she's out shopping and she sees something that would work in our bedroom. So far, I've purchased these lamps and shades (both from Target). The shades are a light grey color and the inside in gold - it's so beautiful.
Faceted Metal Lamp Base Large - Aged Brass (Includes CFL Bulb) - Threshold™
Fabric Lamp Shade Large - Light Gray - Nate Berkus™

And I can't wait to show you what she bought for me this week. I'll give you a hint...it's white and gold and it goes over our bed... and it has something to do with an animal. Any guesses???

I am so happy with how the room is turning out. My biggest project is yet to come though. She wants me to paint our two dressers. Yikes! I have to do a lot of research before I do it, but I'm excited to see the pieces transform.

One last set of pictures to share, just because they're too funny not to!

Parker found a toothbrush under his sink the other day and decided to brush Harry's teeth with it. That poor dog just laid there and let him brush his teeth! It was SO funny!

Can you see Parker smiling? He loved it.
I hope you all are enjoying all the splendors of fall wherever you may live. And if you need some inspiration... just read this post. You'll be full of super fun ideas for fall by the time you finish it!

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: