Modern

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Recipe: Breaded Oven Baked Salmon

I tried out a new salmon recipe this week and promised to post it if it were a success.

Well, it was a HUGE success, so here it is...

Typically I bake salmon about once a week. I use the same recipe almost all the time because I know the kids love it. But the main ingredient in that recipe is soy sauce, and when I went to make it this week... we were all out of soy sauce! Oops!

Off to Google I went.

I found a few "oven baked salmon recipes" that sounded delicious, but I was missing at least one ingredient in almost every one. So I improvised and created this delectable creation:

Breaded Oven Baked Salmon

Ingredients:


  • 4 Salmon filets
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs (or Panko bread crumbs with some seasoning would also be great)
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon Honey
  • 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 4 Tablespoons melted Butter
  • EVOO for drizzling
Directions:

1. In a shallow dish, whisk together honey, Dijon mustard and melted butter until combined.

2. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish

3. Dredge salmon fillets in mustard/butter mixture making sure to cover all sides, then place in breadcrumbs and cover all sides with breadcrumbs. Place in a greased shallow baking dish.

4. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumbs over salmon fillets, then drizzle with EVOO.

5. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork.

Serve with a green veggie and some brown rice and you have a delicious, simple, healthy dinner.
(Sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the cooked salmon, but this is exactly what it looked like)
YUM!

No comments: