Modern

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

This and That

Hey y'all!

I've got a little bit of this and that for you today. My apologies if I'm all over the board, but sometimes there's just not one topic that fits all the random thoughts going on in my brain. :)
Here we go...

I've been totally slacking on taking pictures of family meals lately, but I promise it's on my "to do" list. I've thrown together a few fun recipes lately that are - as always - simple and yummy. I am planning to post a new recipe later this week, so hang tight!

In the meantime, if you're enjoying some cooler fall temperatures (I'm jealous) this comfort food casserole is very tasty. I made it last week and served it with a huge helping of roasted veggies on the side and the boys loved it. It would also make an excellent casserole to bring to a new mom.


Keeping with the food topic, we're headed into my favorite few months of the year and with those months comes lots of parties. I love hosting kids parties because they're a lot more casual and the kids generally love whatever you serve as long as there are some desserts involved. :)

I saw this cute idea the other day:
It's simply powered doughnut holes skewered on to sticks. Then they used white icing to attach candy eyeballs (I saw these candy eyeballs at Target this week). If you want to up the "gross factor" you could serve it with red raspberry sauce like they did here. Ewww! I know my kids would love everything about this.

My neighbor, Kathie, recently set up an ice cream bar at her house for both adults and kiddos. Instead of dirtying up a bunch of bowls, she used a cupcake pan to divvy out all the toppings. Brilliant! I will definitely be stealing this idea.

Moving on to my next favorite topic... shopping!

If you know me, you know I love shopping. 

And not just clothes shopping. I love to shop for pretty much anything... stuff for the house, stuff for my kids, stuff for my friends, stuff for my mom... pretty much anything.

I recently got a coupon in the mail from Victoria's Secret for $10 off any purchase, so I went in thinking maybe I'd pick up a new bra. But when I saw this sleep shirt, I knew it had to be mine! My kids know that it's risky to talk to mom in the morning before I've had my coffee. ;)
This is now my absolute favorite piece of clothing. I wish I could wear it to Publix and the gym and to the park with my kids. Ha! Ha!

After reading several of my favorite bloggers rave about this Nest Pumpkin Chai candle, I decided to mail one of them to my dear friend in Texas who is going through a lot right now. She could not say enough good things about this candle when she received it. Maybe I need to buy one for myself too...


In an attempt to spur on some cooler weather (and because it was on major sale) I bought one of these Bobeau Long Cardigans from Nordstrom. 
I bought the black and white striped one, which I no longer see on their web site (maybe because it sold out?), but let me tell you... I will be living in this cardigan! It's so lightweight and soft. I love how flowy it is. Definitely one to keep your eye on for when it goes on sale again.

And last but not least, I want to show a couple quick pics of our "finished" master bath. I am SO excited to have this project completed. The only thing left to do is pick out fun things like bath mats and soap dispensers (I've already taken back two sets of each!). 

So without further adieu...
My talented Aunt Cheryl painted that gorgeous painting above the tub. I LOVE how it adds a pop of color.
We went with a frameless shower - despite the ridiculous cost of it (what is it made of pure gold!?!?) and I'm so happy we did. It opens up the room so much.
Promise I'll post more pictures of the room once it's totally completed. Maybe I'll even have one of my talented photographer friends take them so you can actually see the true colors of everything (I desperately need to work on my camera skills). 

I'm also excited to be working with a super talented interior designer for an e-design consult to finish off our master bedroom.

While I'm thrilled with the paint colors we chose and our new headboard and curtains, I need some expert advice on lighting, rug, side tables, and so much more. I will let you know how things go after we meet up this week. So much fun stuff going on!

I hope you enjoyed my scattered brain today. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: