Modern

Monday, December 15, 2014

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Just popping in quickly to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

I've been pretty quiet here on the blog the past month or so. The holidays seem to consume more and more of my time as the kids get older. Which sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm most certainly not.

I truly enjoy shopping for presents, wrapping gifts, baking goodies, attending Christmas programs, volunteering in the classroom, and all the other things that come along with this time of year.

Even though it can be hectic, I know I will miss it so much when January rolls around.

So, I'm going to take a break from the blog until after Christmas.

I am going to fully enjoy these last 10 days and immerse myself in everything "Christmas."

Bring on the peppermint mocha creamer, the balsam-scented candles, the Nutcracker soundtrack CD! Light the fireplace, cozy up for a Christmas movie, and don't count any calories in our late-night bowls of ice cream. I'm going to enjoy every single second of this joyous season.

And most importantly, our family will be taking time to read through the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible. We will be reminded of the real reason behind all of the holiday hype. We will pause and give thanks for the humble way our Savior was brought into this world.

My prayer for all of you is that you too take a moment to thank God for this season. For His son. For all of the blessings in your life. For your health. For your family. For all the good you have enjoyed this year.

I will be back before the end of 2014 with an end-of-the-year wrap up, but until then,,, if you need me I'll be on the couch in my ratty worn out comfy Gap sweatpants and hideous granny cozy button-down sweater. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: