Modern

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Christmas Gift Guide - All Things Personalized!

I consider myself to be a fairly organized individual.
I enjoy getting things done ahead of schedule.
Preparing for family vacations, weekend trips, or birthday parties weeks in advance.
But sadly, when it comes to Christmas shopping, I’m a bit of a procrastinator.
I don’t mean to be, it’s just that with all of the catalogs and emails and promotional discounts… I get a bit overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. So I don’t.
Then I panic… because it’s a couple weeks before Christmas and I haven’t purchased a single thing.
Not this year.
I have already bought a few well-thought out gifts for friends and family members. And fortunately, for the boys, we’re getting them bunk beds, so that was an easy (albeit expensive) item to knock off the list.
So I figured if this pretty well organized person has trouble getting her gift-giving act together during this season, maybe there are others out there who would appreciate a little help as well.

I’ve created a little list of some of my favorite items I’ve purchased – either for myself – or for loved ones – this year; along with some additional gifts I’d love if Santa decided to put them under the tree for me (hint, hint, Santa). ;)

And it will come to no surprise, that most of my favorite items can be personalized. I just think adding a name or a monogram to something shows that you really put some thought into it. So, without further adieu...




(Photo courtesy of For Posh Sake)
I have one that is monogrammed in hot pink, but this snowflake mug is so adorable, I may need to get one for the Winter months!
What I love about these mugs is that they're a little larger than your average coffee mug, but they're lightweight and easy to carry around. You get to pick from a large variety of fonts, monogram styles and colors. And all for $16! Such a good deal.

Another favorite item from this shop is the "Bev2Go Adult Sippy Cup" $14.

(Photo courtesy of For Posh Sake)
I ordered one of these for a neighbor who recently turned Sweet 16 and got an adorable Prius for her birthday. I figured she would need something cute to carry her lattes, iced tea, or water while cruising around town. 

These fit perfectly in most car cup holders, or how cute would they be for adult driveway happy hours? Non-breakable and totally cute with tons of personalization options to choose from.

Right now, For Posh Sake is offering my sweet blog readers a 10% discount. Just enter the code "HOLIDAY 10" at checkout and you'll enjoy an added little savings.


Next up is another online boutique that sells some adorable jewelry and clothing items for great prices!

Mindy Mae's Market  carries a wide variety of items that are all equally adorable, but what I love about them is that unlike buying something from Loft or Target, you're not going to see these items on three other people when walking through the grocery store. The fact that it's an online boutique allows you to have a somewhat unique item that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

I own this super-comfy lace-trim tank, which is currently on sale for only $17!
Lace Trim Tank (other colors)

But perhaps you're in the market for some warmer clothing right now? Well, this shop has a ton of gorgeous sweaters including this one called the Cozy Grandpa Sweater $37:
Cozy Grandpa Sweater (other colors)

Double Hooded Sweatshirt - Black

They also carry tons of sparkly jewelry, which I know is very popular right now. But they also carry some more simple items like this 3-chain Sparkling Disc Wishbone Necklace $21:
Sparkling Disc Wishbone Trio

And I personally own these tassel bracelets $17 and love layering them with other gold bracelets:
Tassel Bracelet - Hot Pink
If you haven't noticed by now, I love buying from smaller retailers who offer a little something different than you'll find at the mall.

Of course, one of the more popular places to find small retailers is through Etsy. This online marketplace boasts thousands of small retailers all in one convenient place.

Some of my favorites this year are:

  • Milk and Honey Luxuries where you can find beautiful hand-stamped eating and serving utensils, coffee mugs, cutting boards, and much more. I purchased this spoon ($20)for my morning coffee and I smile every time I use it:

Start Each Day With a Grateful Heart. Hand stamped table spoon with inspirational quote. Stamped silverware by Milk & Honey.
  • The Dotted Poppy is one of my favorite places to buy jewelry gift items. She creates such beautiful handmade earrings, and so many of them are less than $20! These are just a couple of my favorites:
The Taryn $17
The Taryn Earrings - Grey

The Katia $18
The Katia Earrings - Mint

The Becca Necklace -White

There are so many great items on this site, it's almost impossible to pull a few of my favorites. I'm sure you could find great gift ideas for any female on your list in this shop.

  • Good Sport Design makes fabric covered monogrammed buttons, clips and bows for really good prices. Here are a few of my favs:
For the preppy school girl:
Monogrammed Shoe Clips $18
Positively Personal --  Monogrammed Shoe Clips -- Women Girls Little Girls

For the precious preschooler:
Monogrammed hair bows $9
Hair Bow with Custom Monogram for Little Girls . . . &  Big Girls

For the Beach Lover:
Monogrammed Flip Flops $14
Pair of Monogrammed Flip Flop Buttons

So many cute items to choose from!

  • Lovey Dovey Creations took my love for all things personlized to a whole nutha level!! They carry just about anything and everything that you could want to put your name on. I own one of these melamine platters and I love using it to take to parties because no one ever mistakes it for their own, and I always get it back if I accidentally forget it!
For the Sports Family
Personalized Melamine Platters $28
Personalized Melamine Platter with Monogram-War Eagle
(Of course I would choose Gators over Auburn, but you get the point). ;)

So, so many other beautiful designs for these platters including these:
{For the Boat Lover}
Personalized Platter- Nautical Anchor- Choose Colors

{Cute Trellis Pattern}
Personalized Platter, Personalized Platter, Personalized Melamine Platter, Monogrammed Melamine Plate, Monogram Plate, Melamine
And a million other things (you really have to visit the shop) including license plates, journals, notecards, cosmetic bags, and so much more!
I thought these two items would be great gift ideas for a favorite babysitter, or Sunday School teacher:

Personlized Key Rings $16
Personalized Keychain- Monogram- Preppy Keychain- Round Keychain,Monogrammed Key Chain, Personalized Key Chain, Monogrammed Gift

Personalized Notepad $16
Personalized Notepad with Monogram-  Monogram Stationery- 5.5" x 8.5"- Monogram Notepad

I sure hope I've sparked some gift ideas in your head by now! I am toying with the idea of doing a "Men's Gift Guide" as well, but not sure many people really need help in that area. Leave me a comment if that's something you'd be interested in. 

Until then, I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and enjoy a smooth, stress-free, shopping experience this Christmas season! Love to you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this, Stacy! Thank you for featuring For Posh Sake goodies in your gift guide! Off to shop now...