Modern

Sunday, January 4, 2015

End-of-the-Year Recap...

It sounds cliche, but I still can't believe it's January.

Maybe it's because we're not back in the regular swing of our routine yet, or maybe it's because I haven't purchased my 2015 desk calendar yet, or maybe it's because December was so chock-full of parties, get togethers, travel, and other fun things, I have a holiday hangover... whatever the case, I am in disbelief that it's officially January.

But before too much time has passed, I wanted to do a little Christmas re-cap for my own personal journaling purposes.

This year may have been one of my all-time favorite Christmases.

The kids are at such a fun age; still young enough to enjoy all the magic that Christmas holds, but old enough that they could grasp the real meaning behind the season.

We all stayed up late way too many times over the break, but it's pretty awesome that they're now old enough that Brian and I can stay in bed if we want and they can occupy themselves, pour cereal, and let us "sleep in" past 7 a.m.

Overall, it was a fantastic Christmas season and one that I am sad to see go. I wish there was a reason to keep white twinkle lights up for more than one month of the year. But for now, I'll just enjoy some of the highlights of the past month...

One of my favorite Santa pics ever.
It captures so much of all of their personalities... and I'm pretty sure this was the real Santa. 

Payton had several "performances" this Christmas. One was with his school music department and one was with our church. He is such a natural performer!



And Mr. Parker had his own little Christmas performance at his school as well. He played the most adorable shepherd I've ever seen.

The boys decorated the tree mostly by themselves this year (with the exception of Brian's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ornaments...he does those himself).

We so enjoyed having my brother's family close by this Christmas. The kids had their first sleepover with the cousins.

Christmas Eve service at church was so beautiful. I cried when the band performed "O Holy Night." It was amazing.

And Christmas morning - although very early - was absolutely magical.
We are incredibly blessed to be surrounded by family on my most favorite holiday of the year.


So now that Christmas has passed; my birthday is over; and New Year's Eve has been celebrated... it's time to look forward and start focusing on 2015.

I have been working on my new goals for this year and revisiting my goals from last year (more on that later this week).

And at the request of many of my sweet readers, I am excited to post some new healthy, family-friendly recipes this year.

So, I hope you'll still pop in and see what's new around here, and continue to take a little peek inside our wonderful, exhausting, never-a-dull-moment, boy-filled life.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments: