Modern

Sunday, February 9, 2014

This Week's Menu

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm happy because I've officially said goodbye to my cold. Halleluiah! You never realize quite how good it feels to wake up feeling healthy until you suffer through a yucky cold or illness. I am ready to tackle this week head-on, starting with my crazy gym class this morning.

As for this week's menu, it's a lot of "easy prep" meals because we have a lot going on this week (do I say that every week? I feel like I do). We have golf two afternoons this week, play dates the two other dates and a fun little adventure planned for Friday. So, not a lot of time for fancy cooking, that's for sure.

Here's what I've got planned:

Monday: Soft Tacos with Mexican rice
This is just ground chuck or ground turkey cooked with taco seasoning (I make my own - it tastes better, promise!), with chunky salsa, fresh avocado, cilantro, fresh-grated pepper-jack cheese and Mexican rice served with small flour tortillas that have been slightly browned on both sides in a pan.

Tuesday: Ritzy chicken, Broccoli & 7-Up Biscuits
I've shared my Ritzy chicken recipe several times and although it seems repetitive, both kids ask for it every single week. So I try to only serve it every other week or every 3 weeks. But this week, it's makin' a comeback!
Here is the link to my favorite recipe for the 7-Up biscuits. If you've never made these, watch out...they're so easy and so addictive.

Wednesday: Beef Stew with Red Wine & Crescent Rolls
Here's the link to this Crock Pot recipe. It sounds very rich and warm, which will be good because Wednesday is supposed to be chilly and rainy bringing in yet another cold front. The recipe suggests serving it over egg noodles, so I am going to do that since I have 1/2 a bag leftover from last week. Keep in mind, one of the comments left by a reader said the stew only took 6 hours to cook and was very thick, so I'm going to alter the recipe a bit and cook it for less time.

Thursday: Leftovers
I have a feeling that between the Ritzy Chicken and the Stew, we're going to have plenty of leftovers. And I want to clean out the fridge before our little adventure on Friday (I'll share more later).

That's it for this week. This weekend's menu is already taken care of, which is both relieving and exciting.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: