Modern

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Teacher Valentines Gifts

Let's hear it for teachers! I honestly don't know how they do it.

They give their all, encouraging kids day in and day out, while doing their best to stay within the strict guidelines of teaching and testing that is required these days. They get asked the same questions over and over and over and somehow manage to give calm, reassuring answers even after the 10th time.

A lot of teachers spend more time with our kids than we do. They build up their self esteem. They help them navigate the rough waters of making new friends and dealing with hurt egos when some kid decides to be the class bully. They hug our kids when they fall down at recess. And maybe the hardest part of their job...they deal with us parents. :)

I am so appreciative of my boys' teachers. And so I wanted to make them something special for Valentines Day to show how much we love them.

First, I printed off this awesome free printable from Tatortots and Jello.












Then, Payton & I "made" some Valentine's cookies. (Really, it was the pre-made sugar cookie dough that I rolled out and cut into shapes.) But we did decorate them by hand.

 
Put a few of the cookies in a Valentine's bag (I also attached a Chick-fil-A gift card, because what says "Love" like Chick-fil-A???):
Then pack it up in a pretty gift bag and stick the printable on front...Voila!
Any teacher would love to receive a yummy treat like this!

One more thing before I go...
I had to share Payton's class Valentine's exchange mailbox this year.
Boy, we are SO far past puffy heart stickers and markers at this age...

He even attached a rainbow loom ornament to the top:
At least they're still exchanging Valentines. :)

Hope your Friday is full of fun & sweet surprises!

No comments: