Modern

Sunday, February 16, 2014

This Week's Menu & A New Recipe!

Well, I survived.

We got back late last night from my first camping trip, and I must say... it was really fun.

In fact, it was so fun, on the way home, we were already planning our next trip, when all of the sudden warning lights started flashing on the car dashboard and before we knew it, we pulled off and the car died. I'm not talking a dead battery. I'm talking "dead car." As in, "had to pay $350 to have it towed 80 miles home" kinda dead car.

So, the camping trip turned out to be the easy part of the weekend. Getting home, well, that was the real test of endurance and patience.

Thank God we all got home safe and sound and we weren't in some terrible accident. Cars can be fixed, and life will move on - even if our bank account is a bit bruised when it's all said and done.

I will post some fun pictures of our camping excursion later this week, but today, I wanted to get my menu posted.

But before I post this week's menu, I wanted to let you know that the Crock Pot Beef Stew with Red Wine that I posted last week was a huge hit! Even Parker who balks at anything with meat or chicken in it, really liked it. Brian raved about it, so I think it will become a new regular on the rotation.

As for this week, Brian is traveling some and we have our typical nightly obligations of golf lessons and Bible study, so the recipes continue to be quick and easy. Oh, and I'm trying a new recipe this week, courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.

Monday:
Chicken, black bean & jack cheese quesadillas

Tuesday:
{Dining out}

Wednesday:
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Broccoli
Here is a link to this recipe. I've never tried it before, so I'll report back and let you know how the boys like it. It sounds like it will be pretty fool-proof!

Thursday:
Super Simple Salmon
Roasted asparagus
Couscous

Friday:
Double Cheeseburger Rounds

Please leave me a comment with any questions or notes about recipes you've tried and liked, or had issues with. Also, if you have any "go-to" recipes you'd like to share, please do! I'd love to hear from ya!

No comments: