Modern

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Recipe: Baked Salmon


Popping in quickly today to share a super easy salmon recipe that my entire family loves.

I try to cook healthy, well-balanced meals every weeknight, but sometimes it can be challenging to serve healthy seafood (e.g. not fish sticks) if you're trying to stick to a budget.

Fortunately, salmon does go on sale at least once a month at our local Publix, and sometimes it can be up to $2 off per pound! I prefer to buy fresh salmon rather than frozen because I can choose my filet right from the case, and then have the person behind the counter cut it into smaller portions. Our Publix will even take the skin off if you prefer.

If you buy it on sale, fresh salmon can cost a lot less than frozen. When it's a good deal, I will buy enough to cook it once fresh that week, and then another filet to freeze for later.

And here is one of my "go-to" recipes for this buttery, flaky fish:


4-Ingredient Super Simple Salmon Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoons minced garlic

Directions:
  1. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
  2. Put all ingredients in dish and then whisk to combine.
 3. Place salmon filets on top of marinade mixture SKIN SIDE UP, cover, and let sit all day in the fridge.

4. Uncover, and bake SKIN SIDE DOWN at 325 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until salmon is opaque throughout.

5. Place salmon on plate and drizzle with remaining reduced marinade from the pan.

Serve it with some wild rice and a veggie and just watch your kiddos eat this up!
 I always remove the skin from the kids' salmon filets and then cut them into bite-sized pieces. 
I hope you will try this recipe and let me know how your family enjoyed it.


***This post was written before the tragedy in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those who lost their lives, and those who are being treated at area hospitals. Please join me in praying for the innocence that was lost and the pain that it has caused. Senseless tragedy is the hardest to understand. ***

 




No comments: