Modern

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Updated Pic & Weekly Menu

This week has been good.

Like full of love from friends, family and my hubs. Which is always good. ;)

I had the chance to celebrate my birthday, AGAIN. My girlfriends had planned a birthday dinner before the holidays, but it had to be rescheduled, so we were able to go out this week.

They gave me a wonderful spa gift card and then took me out for a very fun dinner.

I tell ya, after two very special birthday dinners, I feel so loved and so celebrated. Between my family and friends I have been totally spoiled...and I love it! :)

.................................................

A few of you have asked about our bunny, Mocha. She's doing great. After we had her "fixed" she chilled out a lot and became much more cuddly. We rarely ever close her cage. She has free roam of the house, but really never leaves the playroom. She goes from under the craft table to her cage and that's about it.

She'll cuddle with anyone willing to give her treats. She prefers quiet, but occasionally will come out when the boys are playing in the play room.

Personally, I like her when it's quiet and she wants to snuggle. :)


Sometimes I wrap her up in my sweater. She likes it.
 Other than that, we're back to our normal schedule of school, playdates and homework (yuck!). It's been particularly warm here, which I'm not complaining about. I'll do 70's any day of the year! But when the rest of the country is dealing with freezing temps and snow and we have on shorts and tank tops...
Well, we just smile and say, "Thank you God!"

Tonight, we enjoyed dinner... fireside. It was beautiful.


Okay, on to this week's menu...

Monday: Mexican Chicken
(Brian bought a rotisserie chicken today, so I need to use it by tomorrow)
  • Mexican chicken - I simmer a can of black beans, a jar of salsa and a can of corn and an envelope of taco seasoning together on the stove. Once they are warmed & combined, I add chopped Rotisserie chicken. Then serve over yellow rice and top with shredded cheese.
Tuesday: Meatball Subs
  • Brown meatballs in a skillet then add to a Crock Pot with a jar of good quality marinara. Let simmer on low for as long as you wish - preferably 4 hours at least.
  • Cut open sub rolls, lightly butter and lightly toast.
  • Place hot meatballs inside toasted sub rolls and top with Provolone cheese.
  • Optionally: broil subs in oven to melt provolone cheese until bubbly.
Wednesday:  Chicken Ceasar Salad
  • Bake chicken in oven (salt & pepper, olive oil, 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes)
  • Cut into thin slices
  • Take lettuce, sliced chicken, croutons and place in tupperware with lid. Drizzle with Ceasar dressing and place lid on tupperware. Shake vigerously to distribute dressing.
  • Dump on plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Thursday: Turkey Sausage Jambalaya
  • Thinly slice turkey sausage links (I use Pepperidge Farms)
  • Brown sausage in frying pan with a tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • Cook Zatarian's Jambalaya boxed mix according to directions
  • Add sausage according to directions
Friday is usually frozen or take out pizza along with a big salad. I don't like to cook on the weekends and I totally include Friday on my "weekend" schedule.

I'd love to hear from you if you are using my menus to help plan your weekly meals.

Hope you all have a great Monday! It's a fresh new week, full of possibilities and wonder! :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Love your menu posts, Stac! Ritzy chicken was a big hit with the crew last week! Thanks!