Modern

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Valentine's Ideas - {FREE PRINTABLES}

Yes, I realize it's only January 14 - not February 14, but I like to get the most "bang for my buck" when it comes to holidays. So I decorated the house this week and I am in full planning mode for some cute crafts, fun teacher gifts, and other creative odds and ends.

I have been searching the web to collect some of my favorite ideas thus far. And my "go-to" blogs are already in full Valentine's mode, so it made it easy to compile a list for ya.

This is what I am making for teacher gifts this year:
Valentine Pretzel Hugs

You can find directions and a creative packaging idea on The Sunny Side Up blog.

And I love this craft idea. I may get the neighborhood kids together to make these:
 
I'm thinking that they don't have to be in picture frames. Using a heavy card stock paper would provide just as cute of an outcome. 

And of course you know I am obsessed with this adorable set of free printables from Dimple Prints.

valentine-chevron-collage

I've already downloaded and framed the "I love you" print. And I'm tempted to go back for more! She also has a ton of other adorable free Valentine-related printables on her blog. Creative people blow my mind sometimes!

If you're hosting a Valentine's party, how about these fun labels from the Dating Divas:
 Kristen-LovePotion-Pinterest

Print them out and use double-sided tape to wrap around glass soda bottles or water bottles flavored with a cherry powder drink mix. Or you could present it to your sweetie on Valentine's Day wrapped around a wine or mini champagne bottle. ;)

And if you're feeling super ambitious, I think this gift idea is absolutely precious! Blooming Homestead blog created this free printable poem to go along with a "decorate your own cookie" gift box. Of course she baked her own sugar cookies and made her own frosting, but I bet if you packaged up some Publix sugar cookies, a container of icing, and some toppings, anyone would love to receive this gift!

 valentinecookiedecoratingkit
As for my decor, I've pretty much covered the house in red and pink hearts, which makes Brian oh-so-happy. I'm sure this banner in the playroom is his fav...


Here are some of my other favorite Valentine's decorations:
I bought this chalkboard sign from Groopdealz last year.
These adorable fabric mailboxes are from Pottery Barn Kids and attach to the back of the kids' chairs. Starting February 1, I will put a little something inside them each day.
These faux peonies and this Brown Sugar & Fig candle will likely stay out well past Valentine's Day.
Some fun throw pillows
 The only Valentine's purchase I have made thus far, is this tiny mailbox and pack of stickers. They were each $1 at Target. I have a fun idea in store for them. Stay tuned!
I hope that got your creative juices flowing! You've got a whole month to enjoy celebrating all of the love around you. Have a great week friends. :)


No comments: