Modern

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekending

Sorry I've been a little MIA on the blog lately.
Seems life has been chock-full of fun activities that are keeping me very busy and away from the computer.

Plus, I am in the middle of planning a baby shower for a dear friend of mine, so any "free time" I have while Parker is napping, has been spent doing research, ordering invitations, etc.

Okay, enough excuses. I am hoping to do some fun posts in the next few weeks, but we'll see how many actually get written. :)

Here's what kept us busy over the weekend...

Friday night was date night! YAHOO! I love me some date night!

We went out with our neighbors to this great restaurant that is part of a marina. It was only about a 20-minute drive from our house, but it felt like we were on vacation.

This was the view from our table:
Plus there was live music and a very lively crowd, which always makes people watching very fun.
Our cute companions for the evening:

We kept the water-theme going the following day and headed out to our favorite beach.

The boys had a ball, as usual.
This time, they buried each others feet in the sand. It was pretty amusing.

Brian was a good sport and took the boys in the chilly water several times.
We saw a family of dolphins swim by, which was amazing.
I wish I had grabbed my phone to take a picture, but I was totally caught up in the moment.

Then we went up to the beach pavilion for lunch.
You definitely pay for the convenience, but the views are worth it!


That evening, we went to a friend's house for dinner. Their son is about the same age as Parker so after dinner, the two of them saddled up on the couch to watch a movie. 
This is how we found them:
So cute!

After a wonderful morning of helping to lead the Worship music at church, I took Payton to a skating birthday party. It was the first time I'd been in a skating rink since a date function in college.
Nothing has changed.

Payton brought his own rollerblades and skated for almost 4 hours straight!
Of course, he did take time out for a little laser tag too.

Sunday evening, Brian grilled out a delicious dinner for all of us and then we collapsed into bed at 8:45 p.m.
It was a fun-filled weekend to say the least!

No comments: