Modern

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day Out: Ballast Pointe Park

For those of you in the Tampa area, I have to share my adventures to Ballast Pointe Park this week.

I highly recommend this awesome park if you have kids, love fishing, or just want a simple lunch in a beautiful water-front setting.

Parker and I ventured down to this park with two of my girlfriends and their two little boys who happen to all be very close in age. Ballast Pointe Park is located in South Tampa where Bayshore Drive dead ends. Literally.

When you pull into the parking lot, you will first see the fun water splash park area. This kept the kiddos happy for quite a while!


Of course my son found a mud puddle and decided it was much more fun to fill his bucket with water from the shower and then make mud with it.
"Is there something on my face?"


Hopefully the dirt will come out from under his nails by next week.

But then, once the boys' gazes went beyond the water, they realized there was a huge park right behind them. And then they immediately went running for the slides, swings and massive playground equipment.
Parker's friend Nathaniel (with Parker photo-bombing in the background)

All of that running around really built up their appetites so we sat down at the cute kid-sized picnic benches and had some lunch.

And then they were off again!

After a couple hours, we decided to take a break from the park and walk down the LONG fishing pier to look at the pelicans and gaze at the amazing bay views.

 

Why yes, that is an Easter egg in his hand. It was filled with M&M's.
My beautiful friend Claudia and her son, Nathaniel.
Me & the peanut.
On our way back, we checked out the little waterfront cafe where they serve amazing-smelling lobster bisque and lobster rolls. I'm definitely going to have to grab a bite to eat there next time we come. Oh, and I'm bringing some fishing poles too!
Let's just say that by the time we pulled out of the parking lot, this is what the backseat looked like:
 A great time was had by all!

1 comment:

april said...

That looks like so much fun! I think we've been there, but the water feature must be new! Glad you all had a great time!