Modern

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekending...a day late

Hello peeps!

I had some "catch up" work to do on my Bible study yesterday so I didn't have time to upload and edit all my weekend pics. Thus the post about helpful parenting tips. Anyhow, here's a brief re-cap of our weekend.
(Again, if you follow me on Instagram, this is going to be a major snooze since you've seen most of these pics, but for my family members out there who don't subscribe to Instagram, I wanted to share them here).

We kicked off the weekend in true Florida style... swimming in the sunshine!
Thanks to our awesome neighbors who have an amazing pool, we are able to go swimming a lot more than we probably would if we had to go up to one of our community pools.

It was amazing weather. The sunset was beautiful. And Parker swam for a good hour without me having to get in the pool once! Thank God for swim vests. ;)


Parker hanging with our neighbor. She's sooo good with him!
This new pool raft was a major hit!

On Saturday, we headed out to the ball fields.
Not to watch our kids play, but to watch several of Payton's friends play baseball.
I was curious to see if being back at the fields would rekindle some interest in the game for Payton.
It didn't.

This is what he was doing while anyone other than his friend Max was up to bat...
Payton playing chess with Max's little brother.
And this is what Parker was doing...
Parker playing in the batting cages with Max's little sister.
I must admit, I was a little disappointed that Payton wasn't more excited about the game when we left. I miss watching him play a sport. But I've heard from so many parents that it's vitally important not to push your kids into sports. If they find something they like, great! If not, keep trying new sports, but don't insist on them playing something just to play something.

It was really fun to watch several of Payton's friends play though!

On Sunday I put the boys in their new matching shorts for church.
Aren't they so handsome??
(Wonder how long Payton will let me get away with this?)

After naps and rest time we all headed back over to our neighbors for some more swimming and a few rounds of cornhole. It was a perfect way to end a fun weekend.
Again, we're really fortunate to have such great neighbors! (Thanks DeAngelos!!!)

A couple more cute random photos I captured...

Every morning, Parker runs into the bathroom to join Payton when he brushes his teeth.
He has started insisting that he now uses Payton's toothpaste as well.
This child copies every single thing his brother does.

Just look at how he watches Payton while brushing his teeth. So much admiration there.

And yesterday, I treated Parker to a doughnut after he completed his final swim class.
We went to a drive-thru Dunkin Donuts so he was eating it in the car on the way home.
I looked back and he had his finger sticking through the center of the doughnut eating the icing all the way around the top.
I started laughing and said, "What are you doing silly boy?"
He said, "Bubba do it like that."
And I thought, yep... he's right. That's exactly how Payton likes to eat his doughnuts.
Incredible.

Oh... and it looks like someone took a little self-portrait with my camera phone again.
Total ham.

Happy "Hump Day" everyone!
Have you started making your weekend plans yet? Hope it's something fun!

No comments: