Modern

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

So I gotta admit... being pregnant during the holidays has it's up's and down's... but overall, I think it has a lot more benefits than people realize. First, I can eat a lot and you can't tell any difference in my stomach area. Second, I can nap and it is deemed very "necessary." And third, everyone keeps telling me "Go sit down and rest! You don't need to be helping!" It's quite nice, I must say.
With all of that being said, my Thanksgiving this year was probably the most relaxed Thanksgiving ever. I didn't cook one thing, yet ate delicious home-cooked food to my heart's content; I didn't host anyone, yet got to spend the day with both sets of parents and lots of extended family as well; and I didn't have to clean up one thing... pretty darn relaxing, eh? My parents drove over on Thanksgiving morning to Tampa and we ate breakfast and watched part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then we all packed up and headed to Bradenton to spend the day at Brian's parents house with lots of other family members. The day was filled with snacking (for both people and doggies), playing games, eating, playing football, eating some more, watching football, and lots of fun.
We are so grateful to have such an incredible family and we hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! Now... onto Christmas!!!

No comments: