Modern

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Payton's Thanksgiving Program

You all have heard me rave about Payton's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Scaglione. She is just the best. Seriously. I don't know how she wrangles all of those kids on a daily basis and actually teaches them valuable lessons every single day.
Yesterday was his Thanksgiving program, and let me tell you... Mrs. Scaglione didn't disappoint! The kids were all dressed in their handmade costumes (which they each got to paint) and the room was decorated with all sorts of wonderful handmade Thanksgiving decor. Each of the kids had a speaking part in the program which told a little history about Thanksgiving as well as some funny commentary about turkeys. Then they all sang about 10 songs in unison about various Thanksgiving topics from Indians to pilgrams to turkeys trying to escape becoming the Thanksgiving meal. It was SO cute!!!
I took so many videos that I ran out of memory card during the performance. Payton is the one in the back row with the big "S" on the front of his costume. His Indian name was "Slithering Snake." Here is one of my favorite videos: Here is a link to another video of Payton singing that was too large to post on this blog. But it's SO cute if you have a moment to watch it!

My mom was able to come into town for the program, which was so special. Payton loved having his Nana there to show her all the songs and lines he had learned. After the program, they had a Thanksgiving feast which included these adorable pilgram hat cookies (did I also mention we have the most outstanding homeroom mom that has her own cookie business?) pumpkin cupcakes and of course Thanksgiving staples like Chick-fil-A nuggets, cinnamon apple sauce, and juice boxes.
It really was the most adorable performance Payton has been a part of. I am so excited for more programs like this now that he is in school. I heard I need to bring a whole box of tissues for the Mother's Day performance... oh boy!!!

No comments: