Modern

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bathroom Update & other news...

I'm so excited! Today we are finally getting our frameless glass shower installed!

The bathroom renovation took merely a week, but my inability to choose paint colors and a shower enclosure has kept the project going for over a month now. It was really hard for me to "bite the bullet" and spend the money on a frameless shower, but in the end, it just made more sense to fully update the shower along with the rest of the room.

Once the glass is in, I promise to post some before & after photos. Sadly I didn't take any real "before" photos, but I think my contractor did so I'll have to get copies from him. The best before shot that I have is this...
...which is clearly after they had demoed the shower. Oh well, at least you'll be able to see a difference.

On a totally different topic, last weekend we took the kids to Congo River Golf and had the best time. The weather was perfect - kind of overcast and breezy - so it wasn't miserably hot.
Brian, Payton and I kept score during the game (Brian slayed us), but Parker just enjoyed the mechanics of each hole trying to figure out where the ball should go and where it would come out on the other end if it had a drop section on the hole. He was a sweaty mess by the end of it from running all over the place chasing golf balls.

After mini golf, the boys did gemstone mining. And even though it's just a bag of sand and colored rocks, they absolutely love it!
On our way out, we always visit the gator and turtle pond. I don't know why, but it amazes me that the gators don't eat the turtles. They are like one big happy family.


Turtle yoga
And last but not least, today we celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary. 

If I really sit and think about the fact that we started dating when we were such immature, wild college students, it amazes me that we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Totally a "God thing."

I could not have ever imagined how much Brian would impact my life and influence me to become a better person. He's the most encouraging, genuine, loving person I know. And to know in the depths of my heart that he is a God-fearing, spiritually encouraging, family-devoted, loving husband on top of that... it makes me want to cry.

But don't get me wrong, his crazy quirks drive me nut-so too! ;)

Seriously though, I feel incredibly blessed to be excited about the next 14 years together, and the next, and the next. Happy anniversary Brian. I love you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's true. You've fixed up as much, might as well have a new shower too. And it does seem like you’ve really found a good one. I hope that it's very functional, and without glitches in the plumbing. Good day!

Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

Unknown said...




خدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه