Modern

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Recipe: Slow Cooker Boneless Pork Chops

Happy Friday everyone! Dropping in real quick today to share a delicious recipe that works great for a busy weeknight meal.
Kinda embarrassing to admit, but I had never made boneless pork chops before. And I rarely make bone-in pork chops because I usually over-cook them and they come out tough.
But Publix recently had boneless pork chops on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try.
My past experience with tough meat made me think that possibly cooking them in the Crock Pot would yield a more tender meat. Boy, was I right!
These were fork tender and so flavorful!

Here's the recipe:

Savory Slow Cooker Pork Chops

Ingredients:

  • 4 Pork Chops (I used boneless, but I'm sure either one would be great)
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, I used McCormick's
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Spray Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl (or straight in the Slow Cooker), whisk together all of the ingredients
3. Cut a small slit into the middle of each pork chop and place in the Slow Cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Periodically baste the pork chops with the liquid.


I served these over mashed potatoes and the boys went crazy for them! They are seriously so flavorful. I did however forget to take a finished photo - sorry! But trust me, it's delicious.

I will warn you though, when it's cooking, it's a pretty strong garlic/paprika smell. So if you don't want your house smelling like that all day, I recommend plugging your Slow Cooker in on your porch. That's what I do when I'm cooking something particularly fragrant, and it works great! :)

Hope you will try this recipe sometime next week and let me know how it turns out. Maybe even send me a photo. ;)

No comments: