Modern

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Photo/Brain Dump...

Warning: Brain and Photo Dump Ahead!

I'm being forced by my dumb phone to seriously purge my photo stash, so I wanted to get some of my favs up on the blog for archive sake.

I touched on our Valentines weekend in my last post, but didn't share many pictures. As you know, I love holidays. I'm pretty sure when I get to heaven, every month will have a wonderful holiday to celebrate and I will have access to as many decorations, cookie cutters, house flags, decorative pillows, glitter, and scrapbook paper as my little heart desires.

In the meantime, I tend to go a little overboard with themes. So, the boys started off Friday morning (before school) with a full-fledged Valentine's celebration.

My mom always bought my brother and I the little Russel Stovers chocolates for Valentines, and I am happy to keep that tradition going with my kids. And yes... I let them eat a chocolate before breakfast. They were so happy!

Breakfast was of course in the shape of hearts (making heart-shaped eggs is a lot harder than I expected. May have to perfect that one during the year).

And lunch may or may not have involved some hearts as well. :)

Parker's school had a cute program that day called "Donuts with Dad." The fathers came to their class and received special hand-made gifts from the kids and they all had donuts together. Then they took the kids out to the playground and got all rowdy together (as Dad's do best).
They requested the kids and dads to wear their favorite sports team attire. Don't they look cute??

Parker is so happy in this picture. Brian is his hero.
After school, I met up with my in-laws and the took the kids for the rest of the weekend! They are Saints! (Thanks Mom & Dad - we are so appreciative!!)

The time alone with Brian was so great not only because we got to move at a much slower pace, have long, meaningful discussions, and SLEEP IN... but I think it's so important for couples to reconnect without the kids around every once in a while. It reminds you why you married your spouse in the first place. :)

Friday evening, Brian and I attended the Harry Connick, Jr. concert.
 It was AH-mazing. He is so talented and can jam on that piano like no one else I've ever seen.

Before the concert we went to one of my favorite restaurants called "Cafe Carmel" and ordered all sorts of fattening, delicious items like this 3-cheese baked macaroni and cheese. Mmmmm.... makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

It was such a special weekend. Even though we didn't go anywhere, and we didn't do much else besides the concert... recharging our batteries was just what we needed.

...........................................................................................

In other random thoughts...

I am so obsessed with Ed Sheeran's new album. Well, I guess it's not technically "new" but his latest album. The song "Thinking Out Loud" is on constant repeat on my itunes. Download it. You won't be sorry.

Image result for ed sheeran thinking out loud

The boys love to wrestle with Brian in our bed at night. We've even had to have our bed frame replaced because they were so rough with their WWF impersonations!
But the other night, they just cuddled up together in our bed and stated, "We're not leaving! You have the most comfortable bed in the house!" Which is true... but hey, we're the adults.
 
When it comes to beds, I love all white bedding, lots and lots of pillows, and a crisp, clean duvet over a high-quality down comforter. Makes me want to just curl up in my bed right now.

We've been having the most gorgeous weather lately.
The french doors have been open almost every day.
I need to re-read this when it's the middle of August and we're dying of the sweltering heat.

So, judging from my blog stats, you guys like my recipe posts the best. They are always the ones that get the highest "views" and comments. So, if that's the case, I've got some more great meal ideas to share in the coming weeks.

Happy Friday everyone. Yay for the weekend!!!

No comments: