Modern

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Gingerbread Decorating & FREE printables

Y'all know what a sucker I am for the beautifully designed free printables that are available on other blogs.

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I do not have one design bone in my body. So I am in love with what other graphic designers can create. And then when they so generously share them for free... well, it makes my heart do a little dance!

Today, we gathered up the neighbors for a good 'ol gingerbread decorating party complete with some letter writing to the jolly big guy.

I helped Parker write his letter, but then he wanted to "sign" it himself. He was quite serious.
And speaking of serious... this guy wasn't taking any chances. He told Santa how good he's been, plus mentioned that "just in case" he wanted to remind Santa that he wanted an iPad (ain't gonna happen sweet boy).
These adorable "Dear Santa" templates  - along with 11 other amazing freebies - are available on one of my favorite sites, the Tomkat Studio blog.

After we finished our letters to Santa, the kids got down-n-dirty with mounds of icing and tons of candy to create these awesome gingerbread houses.

Can't decide which is sweeter...the gingerbread houses, or my boys!
Happy holiday crafting everyone. :)
P.S. This gingerbread village kit is on sale at Target this week for just $9. There are 5 houses, plus icing, fondant and tons of toppings. It's a great deal!

No comments: