Modern

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Deals & Steals

Stop what you are doing and immediately go to your nearest Target Dollar Spot. I'm serious.

I made out like a bandit there today and I feel like I'm giving away a secret that should be kept all to my greedy little self. But...I like you guys, so I'm willing to share my good deals when I find em!

I had a few items on my shopping list today that spanned from Contact Solution to bananas, so where else do you go, but Super Target, of course? They draw you in with the idea that you're saving time by being able to buy your groceries and your toilet paper in one place, while really tricking you into spending more money that you would normally spent had you just gone to Publix and bought their generic brand of Contact Solution.

Phew...sorry, I guess I have a little pent up angst there.

Moving on...

So, after hitting the conveniently located Starbucks right when you walk in the door (hey, I had a gift card, so technically it was free), I was headed to the Dollar Spot to find a set of the plastic kids bowls that come 2 to a pack, but only cost $1 (love that!). 

But what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer! I'm not kidding. The Dollar Spot has been totally taken over by Santa's elves. And there are some amazing deals right now!

I got $1 stocking stuffers, $1 advent calendar goodies, $1 teacher gift pails, and other Christmas-themed items for handing out baked goods, etc. when the time arrives. Just look how cute:
Imagine these adorable burlap-wrapped gift pails stuffed with the red filler along with a tiny picture frame ornament (also $1) that will say "Miss Tina, World's Best Teacher" and a little gift card... PRESH!

I would show you said picture frame ornament too, but I may or may not have purchased a few extras for the grandparents to be filled with our most recent pictures that my talented photographer friend, Jen Bravo, took of the boys. I can't wait to see how they will turn out.

Did I mention we're on a really tight budget for Christmas this year due to our house leak & having to replace all the floors in Parker's room (and the irrigation system and install gutters...)? Well, we are. So truly, I cannot tell you how relieved and happy I am to have found $1 items that will fulfill a lot of gifts that need to be purchased.

By the time I was finished with the Dollar Spot I was almost done with my Chesnut Praline Latte and was all hopped up on caffeine. So I raced to the back of the store hoping to locate the kids bowls that I had originally been looking for. Sadly, no bowls. BUT... I did discover all of the Halloween stuff was 90% off! It was very picked over, I'm not gonna lie, but luckily for me, my little guy loves to play dress up. And look at what I found:
The cutest cowboy and Planes costumes!

Originally, these two costumes would have cost me $50. But guess what I paid for them...are you ready? Drum roll please... 
$4.80!
These will make wonderful Christmas gifts and will provide so much dress-up fun in the coming year. (Oh, and that item below the costumes is the Multipurpose Contact Solution that I originally came in for. It did actually make it home with me.)

As if all of my great finds weren't exciting enough, when I checked out, the cashier handed me a bunch of coupons, one of which is for a FREE photobook on Shutterfly. FREE! Can you believe that?
As I said, head to Target immediately.

In other "Steals & Deals" news...yesterday I headed to my favorite consignment shop to bring in some of Parker's Christmas pajamas and outfits from last year. They are very particular about what time of year they will accept seasonal items, so I've been holding on to these for months. I was thrilled to hear that I had a $25 credit on my account. And I was even more happy to find these amazing steals for my constantly-growing-can't-keep-up-with-him, 8-year old. He doesn't fit into any of his jeans or coats from last year. But check out what I found...

A perfect Florida "coat" that will get him through the colder 50-60 degree days we rarely ever eventually experience here in Florida. Guess what I paid for it? $9.00! It's in perfect condition, I couldn't believe it.
They had a huge selection of jeans in his size as well. Again, excellent condition.
Okay so there are some of my best savings ideas for early Christmas shopping. Now it's up to you to take advantage of them. Be creative. Visit your local consignment stores, Dollar Stores and Dollar Spots. You just may be surprised at what you find.
 Best of luck out there my shopping friends! May the discounted force be with you!

No comments: