Modern

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Catching Up

Things have been s-l-o-w-l-y getting back to normal around here. Even though I've been back from my "girls weekend" for almost a week now, life kinda smacked me in the face when I returned, so it's been a long week.

First, our dishwasher broke. Dear God, I never realized how wonderful a dishwasher was until I didn't have one. Washing every single fork and cup by hand sucks is not my forte.

Second, we discovered we have a leak in Parker's bedroom. The wood floor began buckling up so I called the company who installed them and their repair dude used his little moisture meter on the floor and sadly looked up at me and said, "Ma'am... your slab is soaked!" Awesome.

Third, and sort of a result of the second, we started digging up the landscaping near where we believe the leak is occurring and realized that we have two busted sprinklers. Unfortunately, these aren't just "swap out the top nozzle" kind of sprinkler repairs. These are "pipes are buried deep, deep down under bushes and other landscaping, so you better call in a professional" kind of sprinkler break.

Everything happens in thirds, right? So, we're done, right? Please Lord, let us be done.

So basically most of my week was spent talking to plumbers, contractors, roofers, and our homeowner's insurance rep. All really nice people, but house repairs take a LOT of time. Thus, the few and far between blog posts.

Oh, and did I mention our bunny got spayed this week too? Sounds like an easy thing, but apparently it's quite an undertaking when it comes to bunnies. I was sent home with TWO oral medications that she needed every 12 hours. (I love the bunny, I love the bunny, I love the bunny... this is my mantra.)

To add to the chaos, today was our community's bi-annual garage sale. We're only allowed to have garage sales twice a year, on specific dates. Today was the day. So I've spent the last couple days preparing for that.

Fortunately, the kids loved all the whacky garage sale people buying our junk  nice people who came to shop our "wares" and we made over $100, so that helped ease the pain of the week... a little.

But since I've barely posted any family photos recently, I need to do a quick photo dump. If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen  a lot of these, but my Mom hasn't so, I still need to post em.

Here we go...

Payton's first Cub Scout meeting was the annual "Drum Circle" meeting. Imagine over 300 elementary-aged boys each with their own drum all playing together in one cafeteria. Yup...I needed some Advil when I got home. But truly, it is such a fun experience for all the kids.

P.S. Doesn't Payton look adorable in his uniform?!?


Here's the dude that leads the event. I imagine that he might have his own hemp garden... for making clothes of course. :)
Even the little guy got to play a drum!

Here's our little Mocha the night before her surgery. I think she knew something was up because she was super cuddly and sweet. Good thing, because I could have asked the vet to just keep her. I'm only joking...kind of.
 
 This week we also kicked off the month of October with a special "first day of October" breakfast...
...mummy dogs for dinner...
...and made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies which we delivered to all of the boys' teachers as a special fall treat. 

Sorry, no pictures of the cute teacher gift buckets... I was probably distracted by a call from the plumber, or having to give medications to the bunny. :) I can tell you that I used these free gift tags from the blog "Hello, Good Gravy" on the buckets (which I got from the Target dollar bin) and they were really, really cute!


Okay peeps, I gotta go take the bunny to the vet for her re-check. Complimentary they assured me. Yeah, it better be after I paid $400 for her surgery! Sorry...I guess I have a little pent up angst.

Hope your October is off to a great start. Promise my posts will get more interesting and more frequent... well, once we fix our house that is. :)

No comments: