Modern

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mouthwatering Mahi Mahi {A Recipe}

Popping in quickly today to share a "Whoops! recipe" with you today.


Why is it a "Whoops recipe?" Well, when I went grocery shopping this week, I had planned to buy some salmon for dinner one night. But when I went to the fish counter, the salmon that I wanted was way too expensive.

Then I glanced at the frozen fish section - conveniently located adjacent to the fresh fish section - and I saw that Mahi Mahi filets were on sale this week. I love Mahi Mahi, so I grabbed 2 bags (4 filets total).

But when it was time to prepare the Mahi, I realized I had no ingredients to make Mahi, but rather had all the ingredients to make salmon. "Whoops!"

Time to improvise.

I searched the internet for an easy recipe for which I already had the ingredients. I found none.

Then I went to my spice rack and saw a bottle of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken. I checked the label: garlic, salt, onion, parsley, red pepper, orange peel, paprika, green pepper. Sounded perfect for fish too!

Then I grabbed my trusty Lawry's Lemon Pepper, a bit of butter, and off I went!

Here's how to make it:

1. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place the thawed or fresh Mahi filets in the dish.

2. Generously sprinkle the filets with both seasonings, and then place 1 Tbsp. of butter on top of each filet (cut the butter into two pieces for each filet).
3. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Couldn't possibly be easier than that!
And let me tell you... my extremely picky beautiful boys ate up every single bite!

I'm sure there are a million ways to make this recipe... add a splash of white wine, add fresh parsley, add lemon slices, etc. Of course I had none of these, so the moral of the story is... plan ahead if you want fancy fish...improvise with what you have when you don't! :)



No comments: