Modern

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vacation Packing Tip For Kids Clothing

Many of you are preparing for your final vacations of the summer, so I thought I'd post a quick packing tip for your kids clothing.

Here's the scenerio:

You're on vacation. You're busy. Your child needs to get dressed for the day so you say, "Little Johnny, please go get dressed. Your clothes are in the suitcase."

To which Little Johnny proceeds to walk into the bedroom, get down on his hands and knees, and TEAR APART THE ENTIRE SUITCASE until he finds just the right t-shirt and shorts he feels like wearing that particular day.

No thank you.

To help alleviate some of this frustration, I have come up with a system that seems to work quite well for my 8-year old.

I simply pack each day's outfit, complete with underwear, in a gallon Ziploc bag. Sounds simple, right? It is! And it works!
I lay out all of the outfits for the week and then put each one in an individual Ziploc bag. The clothes are clean, so when we're done with the bags, I will re-use them (no waste).

And when it's time for Payton to get dressed, he simply takes out a bag and puts on the clothes inside them. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

It also makes packing a breeze (just make sure you squeeze ALL the air out of the bag before closing them). I also did one bag of PJ's and one quart-sized bag for socks. No more getting his clothes mixed up with his brothers. And one more thing to make vacation a bit more relaxing.
What's your favorite packing tip? Please share!

No comments: