Modern

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Recipe: AMAZEFEST Pork Tenderloin

Just popping in quickly today to share the most amazing recipe with y'all.

I had thawed out a pork tenderloin yesterday intending to use it for mojo pork with black beans and rice.

And then Brian got back from Haiti.

And he said, "You can take beans and rice off the menu until further notice."

Okay. I totally forgot that basically they eat beans and rice twice a day while in Haiti.

Then I had to come up with "Plan B" for dinner.

I gave a shout out to some girlfriends and they responded back with some amazing recipes. I am definitely going to try out each and every one and will report back with each delicious dish.

But tonight, I opted for the easiest one with the least amount of ingredients (it's just that kind of week).

Let me introduce to you "Amazefest Pork Tenderloin."

Here are the ingredients:

Yep, 4 ingredients (plus water). I LOVE recipes with less than 5 ingredients!

Here we go:
  • 1 pork tenderloin
  • 1 envelope of Lipton dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
  • 3 Tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
  1. Spray Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray and place pork tenderloin inside.
  2. Combine red wine, water, soy sauce and dry soup mix and pour over tenderloin. Turn to coat.
  3. Spoon minced garlic on top of tenderloin.
  4. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
 
I'm so sorry that I do not have an "after" photo of this amazing meal. As recommended, I served it over mashed potatoes with the au jus on top. It was truly a party in my mouth. All of the boys said they loved it and wanted seconds. Next time I will make two tenderloins because I didn't have enough for everyone to have seconds and we definitely didn't have enough for leftovers. Lesson learned.

Next time you are looking for a super easy, delicious meal - make this! You won't be disappointed!

P.S. My Man got home last night. We were more than a little bit excited...

Anxiously awaiting his arrival in the airport:
 LOTS of hugs... and tears...




 It was so precious that Brian got right down on the floor to look at the poster the boys made him. Just goes to show what an amazing father he is. Not only to his own children, but to the fatherless in Haiti as well.
We love you so much Brian and are so proud of you!

No comments: