Modern

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lately...

As you may have noticed, my blog posts have slowed down a bit.
I believe this is how it will roll for the rest of the summer. If I get two, maybe three posts in a week, I'll consider it a "good week" for the blog.
When school is in session, I typically blog while Parker is napping. But now that Payton is home, I like to spend Parker's nap time with him; playing games or reading next to each other on the couch. So blogging has taken a backseat. Which I'm totally okay with.

One thing that I am still trying to keep up with, is taking lots of pictures. They're almost always taken with my phone, but they capture fun memories from this summer and sweet moments that are always gone in a flash.

Here are some pictures from this week...

Parker found Payton's old rain boots in the garage and decided to wear them around all day. And no...it wasn't raining. :)

Payton got the Wii game, "Just Dance 4" this week. He's been playing it for a while at his friend, Avery's house, but has been begging to have his own game.
I figure it's physical activity, so why not?
(Plus... I really love playing it too!)
Payton & Avery bustin' a move while playing "Just Dance" on the Wii.
The boys have a new favorite activity: couch jumping.
They remove all the couch cushions and then jump from couch to couch.
I wonder how long until someone breaks a spring??
 
 Mocha had her first play date this week.
Payton's long-time friend Lilly has a guinea pig named Melody. Ever since we got Mocha we've been talking about getting them together. So, this week we finally did.
And they had a ball!

Parker got a funny t-shirt this week that says, "I do all my own stunts" and has a cape attached to the back of it. It's just so appropriate for him! When he wears it he runs around screaming "Super Bunny!!!!"

Payton attended Vacation Bible School this week.
He had an absolute ball! He met new friends, he learned great lessons and songs, and created cute artwork.
The last day, the kids all go up front in the sanctuary and perform the songs they learned all week.
Of course, Payton was right up front showing off his dance moves! :)


Parker has been obsessed with his wooden Melissa & Doug pretend food toys lately.
He has a birthday cake set and a cookie set. He has birthday parties for his stuffed animals and then hands out cake and cookies to us. It's so. darn. cute.

Last night, we went to a going away party for some good friends of ours. They are moving to DC and we are really going to miss them. Fortunately, they've given us an open invitation to come visit anytime. I think I see a trip to DC in our future!
My friend Bethany (far left) will be moving to DC in a week. Boo...hoo...
That's all for now. But stay tuned, because I have a cute 4th of July t-shirt idea for the kiddos that I'm going to share next.
Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

AC said...

I'm going to stop following you on Instagram. I already know all your business!
:)