Modern

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Making It Through

I'm making it through the week! It's been an interesting juggling act at times, but we've managed to fit in a lot of fun along with preparations for Payton's big biography presentation tomorrow and the baby shower I am hosting on Sunday.

Here's a quick glimpse at what's been going on...

I've been wrangling two wild and crazy boys on my own a lot lately. Brian is traveling for work and something about him being out of town makes them extra rowdy! I think it's because they don't get their "Daddy wrestle time" in the evenings.
So they wrestle each other instead:
And then I end up either breaking it up, or someone gets hurt. Either way, it usually doesn't end well. Add to that, the fact that Parker has been a real handful this week doing everything from dumping a completely full glass of dirty paint water on the kitchen table (while looking right at me), to sliding down his play slide into the full baby pool while completely clothed. Let's just say it's been a true test of my patience this week.

This one is also trying my patience...
As much as I love this little bugger, I do not love that she is continuing to pee in one area of the playroom. Every day I have to wash the towels that are covering the spot she pees on so that she doesn't think it's her litterbox. Ugh.

Moving on...

Payton's Neil Armstrong costume is all done and he has his 2 1/2 minute speech almost completely memorized! I am so proud of him! Since parents weren't invited to come hear the speeches, I think I'll have him do it at home first so I can record it. It's really good!

And since we're on the topic of Payton, I will document that he had his "Advancement Ceremony" last night at Cub Scouts. He moved from Tiger to Bear. It was a great ceremony and I am so proud of my little Scout!
(Those are bear paws that the Den Master painted on each one of their faces.)

The baby shower preparations are coming along as well.
I finished the welcome sign/wreath today for the front door:
Wrapped up all the door prizes:
 And laid out all of the platters for the buffet:
Now I just have to get the food, flowers, cupcakes, party favors and a hundred other things and I'll be ready for Saturday! 

On that note... I'm off to bed.
Hope everyone is having a great week. It's almost Friday!!! :)

No comments: