Modern

Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby Shower

It's been a super fun and busy weekend around our house and I have a gazillion pictures to edit and sort through. So, I think I'll just start with the easiest ones, which are pictures of the baby shower I hosted on Saturday.

I don't have a lot of photos of the actual shower because I was in full hostess mode, thus, not snapping pictures. Fortunately, the mom-to-be brought her very nice camera and took lots of great photos during the shower, so I'll get those eventually. But for now, I can share some of the cute details that really made the shower personal and fun for my friend Claudia.

I created this frame wreath for the front door to greet guests when they arrived:
 The color scheme for the shower was a light, almost denim blue and gray. Most of the decorations had a damask print on them, so I got a yard of matching blue damask fabric to use as a table runner in the kitchen area. Then I added a few tea candles and some small white flower arrangements.


The party package that I ordered was custom designed to say things like "Claudia's shower" and "Baby Nicholas" so most items had a nice personal touch to them.

Such as the cupcake toppers:

Good ol Publix color-matched the frosting to the decoration sample I brought in to the bakery.
Gotta love Publix!
 

The water bottle labels were also personalized:

I did a big display in the archway between the living room and playroom, so that it would be right next to the chair where the Mom-To-Be would be sitting to open her gifts.

The banner said, "Baby Nicholas."
 The framed art said, "N is for Nicholas."

A friend of mine has her own cookie business called "All the Buzz Cookies" and she created these adorable onesie cookies with the letter "N" on each one. SO precious!


I had lots of yummy food (sorry, I didn't get a "before" picture of the food, so a lot of it was eaten at this point):
 And plenty of drink options as well:
But most importantly, the party was full of love for our dear friend Claudia.
All the ladies had a great time and we got to truly shower her with attention and affection!
My friend Torrey, Claudia (Mom-to-be), and me.
 And since Brian had taken the boys to visit his parents for the day, I had the afternoon to relax and recover from a long day of prepping, hostessing and cleaning up.
So, I sat on the couch, watched movies and read my new book.
It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day!

Hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend too.
More pictures to come on our other weekending adventures. Stay tuned!

No comments: