Modern

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A "Regular" Week

Can I even tell you how happy I have been this week?

Two healthy kids (YAY!), no homework for Payton because of standardized testing (double YAY!), and no extracurricular activities in the evenings. It's been slow, quiet, and wonderful.

Here's a little glimpse at our week thus far...

I did a major closet purge. It felt so good to let go of some items that I had been holding on to for so long, even though I wasn't wearing them. It's weird how we do that. Then once they're gone, you think, "Why did I clog up my closet with them for so many years??"
Of course now that the hanging clothes are looking so much neater and less jammed in, I want to really re-do the closet. I want to replace the light fixure, put up a mirror or some sort of art, paint the gigantic wooden shoe rack that lines the entire back wall... oh so many projects, so little time!

Moving on...

I've received some major love from my boys this week. I am feeling very appreciated and special.

Payton came home with this 4-page writing assignment about why we're the best parents in the world.

It totally made me cry.

Then my little guy pulled a flower off the vine in the back yard and handed to me saying, "Fo you Mommy." It was so darn cute, I grabbed my phone and took a picture.

And speaking of that jasmine vine in the backyard...I sniped some flowers from it this morning and put them in a vase on the kitchen counter. Now the whole house smells like Spring!


Parker has been both driving me crazy, and making me laugh hysterically this week. Usually within about 5 minutes of each other. I swear, I feel like I'm bipolar sometimes.

Yesterday, he snuck some M&M's into my bedroom and climbed up on our bed with them. Our completely white bed.

I walked in moments later only to see chocolate and a rainbow of other colors smeared across the duvet. I immediately yelled, "Parker Timothy!" He looked at me and said, "Ohhh maaaan....." in the funniest manner!

I went from fuming mad to laughing out loud in about .2 seconds.

He made all of us giggle the other morning when he got a stool, placed it next to Brian in the bathroom where he was shaving and said, "Me too! Me too!" So Brian covered his little face in shaving cream and I got a wooden cheese spreader from the kitchen and he "shaved" just like Daddy.
So. Darn. Cute.

Payton asked me last night, "Hey mom, if you're not too busy this weekend, can I take you on a date up to Starbucks? Just the two of us?" Melt my heart. He's such a caring kid, I am so incredibly blessed to be his Mama.

Okay, that's it for now. I'm off to finish up my bible study homework that I've fallen behind on (again!). It's weekly "Boy's Night" tonight when I head out to hang with an awesome group of gals from church. (I'm doing a Beth Moore study for those of you who are familiar with her.  SO challenging... yet SO rewarding.)

To-da-loo Y'all!


No comments: