Modern

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Over, but not forgotten

This post is strictly for my own "scrapbooking" purposes, so feel free to move on along if you don't want to hear another post about the boys' birthdays.
I was going through my pictures today and realized I didn't post any pictures of Parker's birthday!
BAD MOMMY!!!
I don't know why I skipped over them, although I did post pictures of the boys' family birthday party, I somehow forgot to post about Parker's actual birthday.

It is important for me to document the day so that I have a record of it (and to make sure he knows we made his day special when he looks back on this someday). So here's a brief re-cap of little man's big day...

The night before his birthday, Brian and I blew up an entire bag of balloons and then snuck them into his room and scattered them on the floor. When we came in to get him in the morning, he just stared at the floor in amazement!
Then Payton came in and joined in the fun!
Parker then wanted to get back in his crib and be covered with the balloons!
Once the balloon fest was over, we headed out to the kitchen to open gifts and enjoy a birthday breakfast.
Sorry Brian, I can't always get everyone to look at the camera.
He loved opening his gifts!
 
  And he was very good about  hugging everyone to say "thank you."
In true Parker fashion, he lined up all his gifts on the table and just stared at them.
For breakfast, we sang "Happy Birthday to Parker" and put a candle in his pancakes.
 Make a wish and blow out the candle!
He loved being the center of attention all morning.

That afternoon, I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday. I started throwing out suggestions, "Do you want to go to the park, or go for a walk up to Starbucks, or maybe go have lunch with Payton?"
He immediately said, "Munch wif Bubba!"

So we did.
We went to McDonald's and picked up a super healthy lunch (har, har) and headed on over to Payton's school for lunch. It was so fun watching them eat together.

The rest of the afternoon we did all the things he loves best. Play Doh, napping, wrestling, playing with friends, etc.
I think if he could articulate it, he would say he had a super fun day.

It's hard to believe that this miracle baby we thought might never be born, is now a vibrant 2-year old who makes our lives so complete. Thank you God for this amazing child.

Happy Birthday Boogie (as your brother would say)!!!


No comments: