Modern

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Making Me Happy

 Here are some things that are making me happy right now...

This beautiful hyacinth plant I bought on a whim at Publix a couple weeks ago.
(I know, Publix is kind of a strange place to buy a house plant)
The buds were totally closed when I purchased it, so I didn't even know what color it was going to be.
Watching it change and bloom every day has been really fun.
Plus it smells amazing!

Having the french doors wide open every afternoon.
The weather has been in the lower 70's.
There is just enough breeze to make it cool inside, but if you stand in the sunshine you are nice and toasty. Plus, having the doors open allows me to hear the cardinals on the bird feeder. Love.

These adorable finds at Michael's Crafts this week.
Bought some up for me, some for friends, and some for teachers.
Not one of them cost more than $2! 


The new Vanilla Spice Latte at Starbucks.
Have you tried it yet? It's so good!
We enjoyed a little trip to the Starbucks in our neighborhood this week.
Parker got a black & white cookie.
Payton got a bagel from the bagel shop next door.
Mama got a latte.
All was right with the world. :)

 This picture.
I took it a couple weekends ago when we went to the beach.
I now have it as my background on my phone.
I smile every time I see it.
My boy. The ocean. The sun. Good stuff.


My Valentine's decorations.
I didn't put out too much this year, but just enough to enjoy some pink in the house for a few weeks.
This is my fireplace mantle right now:

And of course a couple bowls of candy. I mean come on... what's Valentine's Day without candy???




 




















My almost-done, re-organized, re-designed desk space.
It's not quite done yet, but what I have is making me really happy.
Photos coming soon! :)

What's making you smile this week?

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

New pics of our baby girl. :0)