Modern

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bi-Coastal Weekending

Well...maybe not bi-coastal, but definitely across the country!

Brian and Payton spent the weekend in Colorado with his brother, sis-in-law, and two nephews, Zak & Alex. While I spent the weekend in Tampa with my littlest man, Parker and my mom who drove in from Orlando to keep me company while the "big boys" were out of town.

Brian has sent me several really great pictures (and videos) of their trip thus far. I'm sure I'll have lots more once he gets home, but I had to share some of these cute one right away!

They are having SO much fun in Colorado, doing everything from snow ball fights, to tubing in the snow, to playing basketball, swimming, knife throwing (yikes!), celebrating Payton's birthday, a children's museum and playing with chinchillas... phew! That's a lot of activity for just a few days! :)

Here's a few pics to show what an incredible time Dave & Kara have provided for my boys:

How sweet are they to get Payton a cake for his birthday?!?! SO thoughtful!
 And a special gift too! He was SO happy with it!!
(How cute are these boys????)
Alex and Payton played with the two chinchillas in a large cardboard box.
Of course Payton now wants to get a chinchilla. :)
Kara had her work cut out for her getting this Florida boy stuffed into his snow gear.
A frozen waterfall?!?!
We're not in Florida anymore, Toto...
And lots of snow fun for everyone!!



These Florida boys may not want to return to the sunshine state with all of the fun they're having!

Back here in Florida, we didn't do any sledding or snow tubing, but we did do a lot of:

Play-Doh...
Sandbox...


 and coloring...
We enjoyed Starbucks & bagels in the Village on Saturday morning. 
Followed by a walk around the fountain...

 A beautiful "birthday" lunch at Nordstrom...
 Followed by a stop at my all-time favorite French pastry shop...
 And then some fun in the afternoon including cake pops (enjoyed in the park)...


And we ended the night with a cozy dinner on the couch, some good red wine, watching the movie "Eat Pray, Love" and a couple of delectable macarons...
 Of course little man thought it appropriate to wake up at 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
Thank goodness Nana brought her ipad and was willing to download several apps that kept Parker happy while we tried to wake up with some coffee. :)

Oh, did I mention my mom-in-law also celebrated her birthday this weekend?
We love you Mom!!! Happy birthday!!!

Once again, I am reminded of how important... or rather, how incredibly vital family is to me.
Family is what makes my heart smile.
We love each and every one of you so, so much.

No comments: