Modern

Monday, October 29, 2012

Girl's Getaway

This past weekend, I went out of town to visit my family and to see my grandmother's new condo that she recently moved into. My mom, her cousin Bobbi, and myself all flew in to NC and stayed with my Aunt & Uncle in their beautiful home.
I felt like I was staying at a hotel, more than someone's home. There were no inflatable beds, or sharing bathrooms with multiple people. In fact, my mom & I shared their guest suite which was so lovely and spacious. Check out the view from the living room portion of the suite:
 Here's a closer view. Beautiful woods, rich with fall colors.
We also saw lots of deer on their property while we were there. Here are a couple grazing on some grass in their front yard area.
 
It was so much fun to see my beautiful 93-year old grandmother. She is the sweetest, most loving person in the world. And she's really funny too!
Her new community is only a 15-minute drive from my Aunt & Uncle's house, so we spent a lot of time there decorating and helping pick out paint colors.
This is the view from her patio. It's a lovely vegetable and flower garden that the residents take care of:
And this is the view of the other units across the way:
Here we are hanging out on her patio. The weather was so amazing while we were there.
 
When my grandmother was giving us a tour of her condo. I spotted this box of letters in one of her closets. She said they are all the letters my grandfather sent her from war. How amazingly romantic is that?!?!
 Check out that postmark: 1944!
 The first night we were there, we had dinner in the formal dinning area of the community. It was such a beautiful restaurant! My uncle Bob met us there after work and we all enjoyed a wonderful dinner together.
(Doesn't my grandmother look proud with her son & daughter on either arm?)
I had such a wonderful time with these amazing women!
Talking for hours over coffee...
 Laughing our heads off!
 Shedding some tears, but necessary and therapeutic ones. :)
And I even got to get my doggie fix while I was there. Their dog Desi was very accommodating to my constant scratches, kisses and snuggles.
The weekend was relaxing, entertaining, and a much-needed distraction from everything that has been going on in my own life lately. I'm so appreciative of the strong, smart female role models that I have in my family.
I am also so incredibly blessed to be able to spend time with my grandmother.
It makes me realize how invaluable family is...
People who love you no matter what.
Your loudest cheerleaders.
Your biggest supporters.
Thanks for an awesome weekend y'all! I love you!

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

That is so great Stacy. I am going on a weekend like that in a week and a half. Super excited about it. Where is NC were you?