Modern

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Easy, Delcious Salmon Recipe

I love recipes that have only a few ingredients, yet yield delicious, impressive results. If you like salmon, and you like easy, this one is for you!

Stacy's Easy Salmon
Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Salmon filet
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
3 Tablespoons, choice of: chardonnay, bourbon, or whiskey
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon brown sugar




Directions:
First, I prefer to cut my salmon into smaller "strips" before cooking them. It just makes for quicker serving once I'm done, but this is totally optional.

1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce & wine until combined.


2. Pour into shallow dish, place salmon filets on top of marinade, skin-side up. Cover dish and put in fridge to marinate - preferably for several hours, but not necessary.
3. Heat a large skillet on medium high and pour in 1 teaspoon of oil (olive or vegetable).
Place salmon and marinade in skillet and cook SKIN SIDE UP for 5 minutes.
4. Flip salmon filets and cook for additional 5-6 minutes, or until salmon flakes.
5. Remove salmon from pan and place on serving dish. Whisk together remaining marinade in skillet and drizzle over salmon filets.
 This particular night, I served it with quinoa and mixed veggies. The entire family loved it!
 This recipe is SO easy and looks really fancy. Plus it's really quite delicious!
Hope you enjoy it too.

I'll be taking a break from blogging for the next few days, as I'm headed out of town for a girl's weekend with my aunt, mom, grandmother, and my mom's cousin. It's sure to be a wild & crazy weekend with these gals. I'll fill you all in with pictures when I return.


No comments: