Modern

Friday, September 28, 2012

Whirlwind

 This week was kind of a whirlwind.
Every night we had something going on.
Monday: Baseball game
Tuesday: Cub Scout Pack Meeting
Wednesday: An out of town friend visited in the morning with her new baby, I went to Payton's school for lunch, and then I had a girlfriend's 40th birthday party that night.
Thursday: I hosted playgroup in the morning, the car battery died so I spent the afternoon waiting for AAA, and then had to get a new battery. That evening, Brian & I attended a work dinner together.
Friday (tonight): We're sitting on the couch eating homemade pizza...I'm pooped!

Here's a recap in photos...

 Payton's Cub Scout Den was in charge of the flag procession this meeting. The boys did a great job presenting the flag, and then guess who got to say the "Pledge of Allegiance" in front of ALL of those people...

(Sorry for the beginning of the video being sideways. I forgot I was using my camera and not my phone. Oops!)

After that, they had a "Drum Circle." I had never attended a drum circle before, but it was really, really fun! The kids got SO into it. And the leader was so dynamic and fun.
 This picture kind of gives you an idea of how many kids were there. It was2-3 rows deep all the way around the circle.
 Just look at that smile! He had a great time.
 And aside from all the running around that happened in the evenings this week, Parker and I managed to find plenty of downtime at home.

This is his new favorite spot to sit (inside the ottoman).
 
 And we had a movie-watching party with all his "friends" one afternoon.
He literally had me carry each of these stuffed animals out of his room and onto the couch. Then he made sure each of them had their own pacifier and blanket. It was the cutest thing in the world!!
 And I even found some time to do a little baking (finally!). 
Anytime I can bake with these babies some pumpkin pie spice, I'm a happy girl!
I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins using whole wheat flour. They turned out so yummy!
(Someone please tell me using the whole wheat flour somehow counter-balances all the chocolate chips I put in them??)
Now it is officially time for me to go & relax.
I see a new Pottery Barn magazine & a pumpkin spice candle calling my name!
Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: