Modern

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun Weekend For All

Payton got to go to "Camp Grandma & Grandpa" this weekend. 
He was in heaven.
As he says, "I get to get spoiled all weekend long! It's awesome!"

And that's totally what Grandparents should do in my humble opinion.
Let him stay up late, eat whatever he wants, do whatever he wants (within limits of course) and create memories that will last a lifetime. I love it!

So, while he was busy getting spoiled by his grandparents, we had a weekend alone with the little guy. And while I'm sure he enjoyed our undivided attention, he sure did miss his "Bubba."

Friday night, I did just what I said I would...nothing!
I made homemade pizza (half with mushrooms, half with sausage) that turned out really yummy!
(Sorry, I didn't get to take the picture until after Brian had cut it up & served out several pieces):
We ate pizza, enjoyed a delicious red wine (Cannonball Cabernet, in case you'd like to try it) and got caught up on a ton of new fall shows on our DVR. We are loving "New Girl" this season!

Saturday morning we rode our bikes up to the Village and got breakfast at the Village Market.
Parker got a bagel with cream cheese:
 But he was much more interested in his juice box.
 I got this delicious egg sandwich on an everything bagel. Oh, don't worry, I made sure they took out all the carbs, fat & calories. Ha!
And Brian got the egg, ham & cheese pressed sandwich on cuban bread.
(He's going to be thrilled with me for posting this lovely picture of him mid-bite. Sorry honey!)
 Then we continued our bike ride over to My Gym, where Parker takes his Saturday morning kiddie gym class. He LOVES it here!
They do circle time with songs and dancing. Then they have free play, which usually involves some time in the ball pit.
He acts so crazy in here, this is usually all I can get picture-wise:
 He did slow down for a micro second in order to get this picture:
 His other favorite activity is hanging from bars.
 
 After 45 minutes of non-stop play, we always stop by the fountain on the way out.
I'm not sure which he likes better, the class, or the fountain...
 
Between all the fresh air on the bike rides, the gym class, the fountain and the huge breakfast, poor little Parker was tuckered out! He fell immediately to sleep when we got home and slept for 3 hours!

I took full advantage of that time and did what I do best...shopped!
I hit the mall and actually had time to shop for, and try on, clothes! Too bad 99% of what I tried on, I hated. The good news is I found some awesome deals for all the men in my life, so they'll be looking sharp this fall!

When I got home, we took Parker up to a local park that has a huge sandbox. When we got there, one of his little friends happened to be there so he got to play with her for a little while. Then he went crazy on all the slides, climbing walls, etc. He was a sweaty, sandy boy when we got home, so Brian took him out back and they played in the inflatable pool while I worked hard at getting ready for our date that evening...
Bubble baths are hard work, but someone's got to do it!

We went out to an incredible Spanish restaurant that evening with some friends of ours. The food was amazing (Brian actually ate Ceviche - raw seafood marinated in lime juice!), the margaritas were delicious, and the company was incredible. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed...
And even though we had a wonderful weekend...we sure did miss our P-dog!
So immediately after church, we headed on over the Skyway Bridge to pick him up.
 Once we got there, Parker would barely let Payton out of his site. He really missed his big brother.
Even when Payton went back into the bedroom to read, Parker got up on the bed next to him and played with his favorite singing teddy bear.
 Payton was so patient and quietly read his book, while Parker played "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" over, and over, and over again.
 
We all enjoyed a yummy dinner made by Brian's mom, and then had to hit the road to get home for baths and bedtime.

Awesome weekend full of fun adventures.
But it sure is nice to have both my little ones tucked in nice and snuggy in their beds tonight.
I love those little dudes!

No comments: