Modern

Thursday, May 24, 2012

What's Making Me Happy Right Now...

Thought I'd share some random things that are, collectively and individually, making me happy right now.

My house is appropriately decorated for one of the most important holidays of the year.
 Love the American flag. All that it stands for. All that it says about being proud to live in this country and enjoy the freedom that we have.

Parker loves those twirly yard ornament things. Several houses in our neighborhood have them and he always wants to stop to twirl them. So... I got him one. He loves it. Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy.

I also changed out my Spring banner in the family room. As much as I loved it, it was time to say goodbye until next year and break out the red, white and blue.
 I downloaded this "Freedom" banner for free here. You just have to print it and assemble it yourself. I put mine on a long piece of red satin ribbon using hot glue. 
Voila! Instant Pennant Banner! (Insert happy dance for both free and easy banner!)
You can download the subway art that I have framed by going to Google Images and searching "Memorial Day Subway Art."
 I'll save my real homage to our Veterans for my Memorial Day post. I have a lot of thankfulness to write about. Stay tuned.

Another item that is making me very happy is...
 The Carter's Store.
Almost everything is on sale. I can usually find good clearance deals, and they have matching clothes in both 7T and 18 months. I can't wait to see my two little men sporting their new duds this Memorial Day weekend! I love matching outfits. Call me lame. I don't care. I think it's adorable. And until Payton protests, I'm gonna do it. So there. :)

Fresh baked cookies waiting for Payton when he comes home from school.
 I guess it's one of those weird Mom things, but I want him to have a memory of coming home from school every once in a while to the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. He gets so excited when he comes inside and sees them on the counter.
It makes me happy watching him stand over them debating which one is the biggest, has the most chocolate chips, and will taste best.

BOGO at Publix.
I love it when something that I really don't want to buy goes on sale BOGO because then at least I feel like I'm getting a deal on it.
Apparently these muffins are a hot-ticket item in the cafeteria this year. Payton has asked me to buy them for several weeks now, but I hate spending money on such highly processed, sugar-filled, junk food.
Then I decided, hey... it's almost the last week of school... let the kid enjoy a little treat and feel like he's the King of the lunch table for once.

Stickers.
t
Such a small thing. It only cost $1, but man, these stickers are going to make Parker so happy. He loves his Pooh Bear and I have grand plans for these babies. Makes me happy just thinking about it.

What's making you happy these days? Please share in the comment section. I'd love to hear from ya!

2 comments:

AC said...

You'll be so shocked but: B&BW candles--the beachy ones (seashore, white sand, beach cabana, etc.) are making me happy. They are on sale thru Memorial Day too!

Stacy Heckman said...

Not too shocked to hear that BBW candles are making you happy, but I'm anxious to try out some new scents. I'm ready to get my house "beach ready" for summer!