Modern

Monday, September 26, 2011

Another recipe - Enchiladas

Here's another super easy recipe that I thought I'd share with my blog buddies. The recipe is for beef enchiladas, although you could easily substitute shredded chicken for the beef if you prefer. I love this recipe because I don't have to "babysit" it. I can throw the ingredients in the Crock Pot and then assemble when I'm ready. You could even assemble it and let it sit all day and cook whenever you are ready. Great weeknight meal!
First off, here are the ingredients:
Some whole wheat tortillas, shredded Mexican blend cheese, a can of Goya black beans, a can of Enchilada sauce, and a box of fully-cooked pot roast (this shows Publix brand, but you can also use Hormel).
* If you are cooking for more than 3 people, I recommend doubling all the ingredients.
About 2 hours before you want to eat, throw the pot roast and the beans into your Crock Pot:
(Here is the beef):
Here is the beef and the beans:
Then let simmer for a couple hours (gotta love the magic of the Crock Pot):
 When you are ready for assembly, lay out a tortilla, then scoop the beef and bean mixture into the center of the tortilla and then sprinkle on some cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down into a greased casserole dish. 
Once all the tortillas are assembled, pour the enchilada sauce on top and then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and cook at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and let top of cheese become bubbly and slightly browned.
I serve mine with a side of Mexican-style rice (or Goya yellow rice would be good too).
 Enjoy!

No comments: