Modern

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

St. Patty's Day Decorating Ideas

Surely by now you all know I am a total sucker for holiday decorating. Add to that fact that both Brian and I come from Irish families and you've got more than enough reason to deck the house out in St. Patrick's Day decor!

Here are a few simple ideas that cost next to nothing, but add lots of holiday cheer...

First, I hit my trusty Dollar Store to find some inexpensive items that I could customize. I got two packages of foam shamrocks, each for $1. I just knew I could turn them into something fun. Here is what I did with them:

Shamrock Banner
I hot-glue gunned several of the shamrocks to a long grosgrain ribbon and then tied it to the handles of the entertainment unit...
Seasonal Wreath
You may remember this wreath from last year. All I did was remove the silk flowers and put tiny dabs of hot glue on the back of the shamrocks to adhere them to the wreath. They pull right off without any damage, so I can take them off easily as well.




Candle Display
My trusty "dress me up" plate has transformed into a St. Patty's celebration with the addition of some gold shamrock coins and a candle that I covered with scrap book paper and printed the word "irish" on it. The gold coins were also a Dollar Store find - a bag of 20 for $1!
 This candle display also has the gold coins "floating" in the bottom with some shamrock tinsel wrapped around a green candle. Easy peasy!
And a holiday wouldn't be complete without Payton's favorite decorating item... he loves to put up window clings on our front door windows:
All very easy, very inexpensive, but very fun! Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
 

No comments: