Modern

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Visitors and cute photos...

Boy, I tell ya... we have been abundantly blessed since bringing home Parker. It makes me realize once again, just how incredibly important friends and family are. Beyond all of the phone calls and emails, we have had so many other wonderful things - such as...

Monta & Carley stop by for a visit
- Visitors. It's funny to me when people say, "I don't want to bother you if you're not ready for visitors yet." It's been so wonderful having people stop by to meet Parker and check in on us. We've had so many friends and neighbors stop by over the past couple weeks. It warms my heart to the core to know that so many people care and want to meet our new little guy. 
Mike, Caro & William visit with Parker



- Playdates. So many of my friends have taken Payton to their house for playdates so that I can rest at home. It sounds like such a simple thing, but it has been incredibly helpful. Payton is so excited for the playdate, and it helps keep his life as normal as possible. I haven't exactly been "out and about" like I used to be. So, having friends who take him to their house or to the park has been invaluable! Thanks girls!!!

- Meals. I have not cooked one meal since we got home from the hospital - not one! My good friend Jen Allinder used this awesome web site called "TakeAMeal.com" to set up a meal schedule for people to bring us food. We literally have had meals brought to us all but maybe 4 days, which we of course ate leftovers on those days. It has been such a huge help! Not only have I not had to take the time to prep and cook a meal, I haven't had to lug Parker to the grocery store to buy stuff. It's been really, really great!

Proud Big Brother cuddles with Parker
- Big Brother gifts. So many people have given Payton special little mementos. I didn't think it would be as important as it has been, but he lights up when someone brings over a coloring book, or a "Big Brother" t-shirt. I even had two girlfriends - Jenny & Amy - throw him a Birthday/Big Brother party complete with cake and presents! Talk about amazing! He doesn't expect gifts from people when they come to visit Parker, but it has been such a fun, unexpected thing for him when it does happen. My cousin Wendy sent Payton two "Big Brother" shirts and I swear he's worn them at least twice a week. He's so proud to show off his new "status."


So, all of that to say, "THANK YOU!!!!!" to everyone who has made our transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4 so smooth and filled with love. We are so very appreciative of everything.

No comments: