Modern

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year and other stuff...

I can hardly believe 2010 is over. We are so excited to start this new year and have so much to look forward to with the upcoming birth of our baby boy. But before we move on to 2011, let me wrap up a couple final things from 2010.

I celebrated my 35th birthday on December 29th. I've decided that I'm done going up in numbers from now on for my birthday. 35 seems like a nice round number and really there's no reason to approach any closer to 40. So, "Hello 35, I'm here to stay!" I had a wonderful birthday and was pampered all day by family and loved ones. And my boys were so sweet to me all day giving me lots of hugs and kisses.

I also had Brian take a few quick "belly pics" on my birthday. I figured I would post a couple of them so you can see just how odd I look these days. Thank God we are not in bathing suit season. My warm sweat suits cover things up quite nicely.

Although I do have to say the one of Payton kissing my belly is pretty cute. He does this on a daily basis always saying "good morning" and "goodnight" to Parker. He's going to be such a good big brother! And yes, that is a baby swing you see in the background. I'm ready folks!

And lastly, we set off some small fireworks on New Year's Eve after we returned home from our friend's kid-friendly party. We thought Payton had fallen asleep in the car on the way home, but no... he perked right up when we pulled into the driveway pleading to set off fireworks. As you can see from this smokey photo... he's not a big fan of the loud noise that is involved with fireworks, so he wears big headphones that block out the sound. It was quite funny.
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a blessed 2011!

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

Happy New Year Heckman family. You look great Stacy.
Can't wait to see pics of your new baby boy.