Modern

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I have to say, my husband may not be the best at keeping the house clean, or cooking, or remembering that we have a dish washer, but when it comes to Mother's Day, he really knows how to do it up right! We spent the whole weekend doing things I wanted to do. And even though he had to be constantly reminded, Payton was strongly encouraged to ask Daddy for anything he needed all weekend (it didn't work that well, but it was the thought that counted).
We started Saturday morning by going to my favorite greasy spoon restaurant in South Tampa called "Daily Eats." Then we hit Hyde Park (check out the photo of the amazing house with the flowering tree in front) where they were having a sidewalk chalk art festival. Payton had so much fun looking at the chalk drawings, making paper airplanes, and playing at the park. We even made our own chalk drawing in honor of our new Mr. Two Bits shirt business (check out the photos).
After that, I went for a pedicure and when I got home I had flowers and a gift waiting for me that Payton picked out all on his own. He was SO proud to give me the flowers and watch me open my gift - it was precious! He came up with the idea to get me pink slippers - how cute is that?? After that, we hung out at the community pool for the remainder of the afternoon. It was perfect! That evening, Brian and I had a nice dinner out while Payton got to stay home with his favorite babysitter, Miss Laura. On Sunday, I got to relax and read the paper (thanks Camryn for my Godmother present - I love my new coffee mug!) and then after church we chilled out at the house and then hit the pool again. This time, I sat and read a magazine while Brian did all the pool entertaining with Payton (score one for me!). Then Brian BBQ-ed dinner and put Payton to bed so once again, I could relax. What a wonderful weekend. Can't we have Mother's Day every couple of months?????????? Here are some fun pictures...

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

Awww, I love coming to your blog Stacy. Its so inspiring. You look great!!! Can't believe how big Payton is.