Modern

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another batch of random photos to share with you. This time it ranges from playdates to plants. I know... it's random, but stick with me.

First, I thought I'd share a fun idea for all my "Mario" fans out there. My son is obsessed with the video game "Mario Cart" on the Wii. He pretends to be Mario, draws Mario, studies his Mario trading cards... you get the picture. I searched online for Mario-related crafts, but found very little that was appropriate for his age. So, we decided (along with Payton's friend, Will) to make our own craft using trusty 'ol toilet paper rolls! Check out how cute they turned out:


The second group of photos is a mixture of a few things... most of which require some explanation.
This is a new box fort that we have in the house. It's provided hours of fun transforming from a playhouse, to a battle fort, to a Mario cart, to a secret hideout. Here, Payton is playing in it with his little buddy, Carter.

And then these next few photos are just to show how the crazy humidity in Florida is actually good for something - growing plants. My porch - which is screened in - acts like a greenhouse in the summer because of the humidity. I have not done a single thing with these plants except for replant them in bigger pots. I don't water them, I don't fertilize them and yet year after year they keep coming back bigger and more beautiful. I guess God is trying to show me the beauty that humidity can provide... because it certainly isn't in my hairdo!

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed my randomness today!

1 comment:

april said...

very cute. I didn't even recognize Carter at first in the photo! Loved the remark about the hair--we're all there right now.